In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mowry Custom Ruger Redhawk...Ever Seen One? What's It Worth?

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******

I got this in the other day:

I have it scheduled for several weeks away, and WAY overpriced, so I can let folks look at it and not worry about anyone bidding prematurely.

There are very few references to Mowry Custom online. Most links will lead you to a picture of this same gun, many years ago.

Questions: When was it made? How many were made? What is it worth? Did it originally come in a wooden case?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,362 ******

Was most likely made mid 80's found this quote in another forums comments about the gun: "A bit more Googling yielded the fact that there was an article on the Mowry Custom Ruger Redhawk in the February 1985 issue of Guns Magazine; apparently, it was the "Gun of the Month" selection. Unfortunately, that issue of that magazine is not available to buy or as a pdf download. So, I was wondering: Do any of you happen to have this back issue in a stack of old magazines in a corner of your garage or attic? I'd love to read the article if I could find it."

You probably already found this info, but if you didn't it's here: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/mowry-custom-ruger-redhawk-44-mag.881976/

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

David, there were and still are a number smiths that customizer Ruger SAs and DAs since they are quite popular. Never hears of Mowry. We even have one close to where I live and he is quite popular. Had him customize a Bisley BH in 44-40 a couple years ago with a different grip frame and action job. Can bring with next trip in area.

From the pics, all I observe is a RH with a shortened barrel.