In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bow season starts today........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭

and it is just to early, gonna be high 70's or so for the next week. I can't get into to it when it is this hot, and I still don't have the blind up yet. I am taking the granddaughter and the dog out to put up 2 pop up blinds as soon as it stops raining. Got 2 old office chairs I put in them so I can lean back and get comfortable and still be able to spin around and look out side and back windows. I figure I will have to cut some underbrush down also as one spot has grown up with a few small locust trees and some briars, I think I will use it to bow hunt and my other spot to gun hunt. I had meant to get out a little sooner to let the deer get used to the blinds but seems like the season snuck up on me this year, and a few health reasons have just kept me from feeling like doing anything like this, seems the older I get the less I look forward to deer season, 20 years ago I would have called you a liar if you had told me that..........

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a good day in the woods....be safe out there..

It opened last week here in MO....been in the high 80's and 90's so far. Hopefully next week when the low temp is in the 40's in the morning, I can hobble out and do a little hunting !!!

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Deer are still loaded with ticks down here. I'll just pass until the lows stay in the 40's and 50's with highs in the 60's. Last few days have felt great. Today's high is supposed to be 89. The struggle between summer and fall has just begun.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck to you guys.

I live in Texas but never have hunted here.

My grandparents had 144 acres outside of Springfield, MO where I used to hunt.

Warm weather is a no go.........wait for the freeze.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think I really would want to hunt here in Texas, because where I live in Central Texas............although deer are plentiful.......they are about the size of a Great Dane.

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭

just got done looking at pics from game camera, got a momma and 4 cubs visiting every 4-5 days, she left just hour and half before we got there! guess have to keep closer eye out on dog and kids......