In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oh joy

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭

This upcoming Thursday

I have the privilege of visiting the out patient section of the local hospital

Get a scope shoved up and one down

Hope they at least use it for the down inspection first lol

I have Been having a lot of adobinal pain for months. About eight to yen weeks ago after several doctor visits

i had a CT scans.it showed gall stones it took forever to see a surgeon After that

After meeting he suggested we do some internal inspection as lots of people have gallstones and don't even know or have any problems I

I have be a bit honest I have some thoughts as my sister and uncle both were taken out with cancer in that area

Many more family had cancer and departed but it was more Respatory related

Well any way Will find out more I hope on Thursday

One last thought man I hate trying to drink that God awful purging liquid

Done it twice before in the past . I will just have to put on my big boy pants and have at it Lol

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

Sure hope all the findings will be nothing serious D\R! I too have one of those lower invasions being scheduled in the next month. Will be my 2nd and not looking forward to it!

You are in my prayers.

• Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

I have had this procedure twice, and gallbladder removed years ago.

Praying for you that all will be in your favor.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin

Prayers for a good result, DR.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭

Any chance that after a good kick, somebody left a boot up in there?

If it isn't that, we all hope it's something minor.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

After drinking that stuff, you may not be able to keep your big boy pants on for long...

Seriously though, hope all goes well and nothing major wrong.

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Always a fun time .......................................... NOT

I have one scheduled next month. There are pills now that you can take instead of that disgustingly foul liquid stuff, cost about $30. ......................... worth every dime.

Ask your Dr.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭

had to have one not to long after my heart bypass. I never thought twice about the bypass, but was worried to death about the colonostomy..........

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Wishing you the best Ditch-Runner.

I'm way overdue myself. Need to get one done.

• Options
    Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Had many lower end scopes years ago. Fought ulcerative colitis for 20 years. Got so bad they removed my entire colon in ‘93. Hooked me back up so no bag. Things don’t work quite the same but at least I don’t have to worry about colon cancer. Something else will get me!

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers for a good outcome..

• Options
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers for peace in your heart and wisdom for the Doctors involved in the process...

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭

I went through the same thing on September 23 the reason being a few months back I was diagnosed with Anemia due to blood loss. They found 3 polyps one was said to be somewhat large. In no way did they assure that they found what they were looking for. Kinda leaves me puzzled, down to 186 lbs. about my 1985 weight and my A1C went from 9.4 to 7.1. Then the next day they call me I'm Anemic due to blood loss. What the hell does that mean ???????? Thus the reason for the TV crews working from both ends of my body.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******

Prayers for you

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck with all the procedures.

I had my gall bladder out in 1995. It took a while to figure out what was wrong. I keep on having chest pains like heart attack and took more than ride in ambulance rushed to hospital.

Finally the last time they decided to do an ultra sound as soon as I was brought in to ER and discovered that GB had stones and was engorged.

Had operation in two weeks, because as the surgeon said the GB is rotten. They we’re going to try laparoscopic surgery but GB was too inflamed so get full opening, 12 inch scar across stomach. That hurt for a few days.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Same here as SW0320. Hurt like he double hockey sticks. Thought it was the big one.

ER doc said nope, gall bladder. They rotated Morphine and something different every hour, after about 45 minutes into each dose, wow hit me again please. Surgery next day, "son your GB was rotten".

Did the surgery with 3 tiny slits, thank goodness.

• Options

Butchdog glad they got you thru it .

side note nothing to do with the topic we have a male wiener dog about 12 yrs old . named Butch we call him butchdog 😀

some follow up on my story

I went thru the procedures last week

they removed some polyps sent off for inspection . he also found I have a tumor at the intersection of my large and small intestines have to have removed by surgery also I have diverticulitis 😐️ I guess it could have been worse . just have to see what comes out of all it . still have the gallbladder stones also .

I have a follow up meeting in a week with the surgeon see what plan he will or has put together

I am still above ground a little pain but sure beats the alterative 😁

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

Well that doesn't sound like fun at all, hope they come up with a doable plan for you DR.