In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

searching by caliber on the auction side

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭

There are so many revolvers listed on the auction side chambered in .38 Special but listed as .38 S&W. It's also very frustrating that sellers can choose .22 WMR or .22 Mag and these show as separate results.

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

38 S&W special is different than 38 S&W, but most people don't know the difference. Look at the choices for S&W M&P pistols, there are 33 different categories too choose from, but they only come in 6 different chamberings. Sometimes the search function has waaaay to many choices, which hurts both buyers and sellers.

Most of the time, I just select the manufacturer, and then the chambering, which generally brings up what I'm looking for, plus some guns in the chambering that I'm after, but were entered under the wrong model number.

I feel your pain there brother.....

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, sometimes it is like picking your way through a mine field when looking for a SPECIFIC item on any online auction/sales site. Even when you type in a description that seems foolproof!