In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Loading the .350 Legend

I've done quite a bit of loading and chronographing for the .350, mostly with Lil'gun powder but Western Powder Accurate 4100 works well, too. With my rifles and friends rifles we have range tested 6 rifles so far. The Ruger American accounted for a 6-point last fall. I am wondering if anyone has tried other powders like W296 or H110. Maybe AA#9 and 2400 might work as well. Most factory loads I've tried compute muzzle energy in the 1700-1750 ft. lb. range. The exceptions are the 170 gr. Hornady factory load @ 2335 feet per second and 2057 ft. lbs. muzzle energy and the 180 gr. Federal Non Typical White Tail factory load @ 2153 fps and 1852 ft/lbs. It seems to be no trick to get into the 2000 ft/lbs muzzle energy range of the .35 Remington cartridge and the .35 Rem. has been often praised as a great short range white tail cartridge.

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I am glad to see that heavier bullets are available. I wish I could comment on the effectiveness of the .35 Remington but I never shot a deer in the ten years or so that I carried one.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

"effectiveness of the .35 Remington".............I've shot a bunch of deer with one, always worked well. the Hornady 'leverrevolution' ammo turned it into a 200 yard round. you might try some in the .350.