In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dudley is on his own.............

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭

gotta go to the VA for an appointment will be gone most of afternoon. Dudley is the grandkids dog, a terrier mix about 8 months old. gonna leave him out of the cage this time to see how he does, he is about 99% housebroke, his biggest thing is dirty socks, he finds the kids socks from who knows where and brings em into the living room to chew on. He has left most everything else alone. If you don't hear from me for a day ot two it means he chewed the laptop up, he is looking out the front window now guarding the house from birds, squirrels and rolling leaves...........

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******

Good luck. Let us know.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******

Some years ago I agreed to watch my sisters mix breed mutt that had quite a bit of terrier in it. Had the dog for 2 weeks and he was fine until about a week and a half into his stay, my wife and I left him home alone to do a quick grocery run.

On our way back home driving on our road about 1\4 mile out, I see this dog running loose that looks a lot like sis's mutt. IT WAS!!!! Little bugger took out all of the picture windows in my living room trying to escape. The last window was successful for him! 😫

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭

well no broken windows, but lots of chewed up kleenex/toilet paper, got a pile behind the couch. he's laying here now looking at me like he is an angel, while he chews on wifes couch pillows, she has a bunch on couch and loveseat. For some reason he won't let the grey ones be they have to be on the floor, she has a white one and blue one and he doesn't bother them but for some reason he won't let the grey ones be, the wife even gave up on them and said they are the dogs........

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

After 1st adopting Buddy (he was apprx 9 mo. Old per the Vet) I tried Baby proofing the house and would leave for work, being gone for apprx 11-12 hrs. Pits are prone to "Seperation Anxiety," and can be destructive. (I knew this going in to it.) After coming home to one disaster after another and finally when he turned to destroying my Living room furniture, I went with a Huge Cage/crate.

I had no sooner set it up, when he went in and layed down. He had apparently been crated early on and felt safe there. Our routine is pretty set now. He can pretty much read my mind and goes right in his cage "Go to your house" when he needs to. He gets a treat every single time, for the last year or so, it has been a raw bone with marrow in it and beef bits on it. (About a 2" sliced femur.) I get them at work.

Good luck with Dudley. Doubt he could do as much damage as a pretty large, young, muscular pit, with really strong jaws.

*My living room furniture now wears Camouflage covers. (In order to cover the duct tape.) 😒😬

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭✭

I still have my dad's "Cudley Dudley". Big stuffed dog. Believe maybe 50 years ago the Chi. Trib. gave one of these away if you subscribed!