In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Halloween Tip...

Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭

If you have leftover candy, bag it up and save it until next year. In your attic. Then, if 18-year-olds show up at 10 pm, give them the old stuff.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

What is leftover candy?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

It would be melted together in my attic

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

Heck I might have eaten some one year old candy in my lifetime.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭✭

Never knew there was such a thing as leftover candy ,unless it is circus peanuts or licorice or candy corn . .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭

With covid for the last couple of years we have 4 big bags of Candy here. Can't eat it with diabetes and trying to lose weight.

Hard as a rock. Wife said we could melt the Chocolate parts and use for baking for the holidays (?)

Wonder if Deer like candy? Might make for some tasty venison.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    edited October 2022

You have your "kids too old" supply, Hoosier!

Keep two bowls handy at the door. One with fresh stuff for cute little bunchkins, and the rock-hard ones for ones you don't like the look of.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Grumpy answers the door after the other six dwarves have gone to bed.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭

No Trick or Treaters here, too far out in the boonies..

Left over from a Trunk or Treat the Lions Club was going to do a few years back. Guess I got stuck with the Candy.

Wife just got in to the bags as I was taking about it. Going to separate some stuff she likes, and take the rest to work, to put out in a bowl, with a beware sign.

BTW Went to the dentist for cleaning, she said really didn't need it, teeth too god. And no cavities to watch for.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,378 ******

You have god teeth? bless you sir...

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,604 ✭✭✭✭

We live Out in the country so no visitors

When my parents were still alive we would take our kids into town for trick or treat like 25 yrs ago and we also tok candy to pass out at mom and dad's house

I once caught my dad passing out candy but to the bigger kids he was handing out cigarette butts or candy wrappers He was a big time smoker for years so had plenty

I ask him to stop for obvious reasons .

He said well some get treats and some got tricked .

as far as I know he stopped putting any such things and stuck to candy after that

As a kid I hated the candy corn circus peanuts and the home made popcorn balls just tossed in the bag to make a mess

We lived in a low income area so every once in while some one would actually pass out full size candy bars and omg that was like a kids lottery

Back when it was held at night and kids andparents did not have to worry about all the weirdos like now

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******

Dang!! I like popcorn balls! Homemade ones would be the first eats for me! It was apples that used to get either pitched or fed to the horse across the road from me when I was growing up.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,604 ✭✭✭✭

Some of the ones we received even thought there heart and kindness went into making them ,coveted with lint and pet hair as in not wrapped up .was abit to much most had been wrapped in stretch wrap .but even then om did not trust any one so out they would go

And we did get a apple or three maybe a orange .but to a kid who got more candy in one night than the rest of the year combined .a piece of fruit was a let down

I likeost lids looked forward to Halloween it was 2nd only to Christmas