In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It is that time of year

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Charities... Unsolicited calls from who knows who... who know you but don't have your name. Wanting CC info for their so called charity. Got one yesterday from a financial advisor. This guy knew nothing and wanted me to give a routing number of the bank account over the phone to invest. What an idiot. Be careful out there.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******
    edited October 2022

Did you tell him you made your money working hard and investing it, all while he was only 8 years old?? LOL.

Yeah, spamm calls are picking up here too both on home phone and the cell phones.

• Options

Blocked . If they call anymore it goes to voicemail..everyone.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Got one the other day, supposedly a political call, and they wanted me to give them a CC number for a donation. I wonder how successful they are because this caller barely spoke English and wouldn't tell me where he was calling from. I normally don't answer unless I recognize the number but they had spoofed a local number on the caller I.D. I thought our wonderful government was going to do something about all this spam call crap. They made a big deal about it a few years ago but I guess they were just as successful with this as they are with all of their other promises.🙄

I did tell the caller that he should run for office wherever he was from because he had a real good line of B.S. just like a politician should. Bob

• Options

I figure if I can keep them on the line for a couple of minutes.. get a good laugh.. they haven't bothered someone else.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I lost 1.5 million the other day. Fellow sent a message that he had hit it big and wanted to share his wealth, just send him various info's. While sending the info I hit the delete button by mistake😥