In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,010 ******

Oh my gosh! That's horrible.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers for those folks

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭

Here at my place, a 170 HP John Deere has been hooked up to a 14' offset plowing disc for the last 10 days. This and a pair of wire cutters will go a LONG way toward stifling a wildfire.

Folks who live in 'scenic areas' should give some thought about such things as wildfires.

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Drier than a popcorn fart around here with a burn ban that appears to not apply to farmers burning their fields. Most of last week we had smoke blankets covering the sky so thick it was hard to breathe. To be fair it could have been coming from the rice and bean fields in Arkansas, but they are lacking rain as well.

Rain in the forecast tomorrow. Less than 2 inches is the prediction so it won't be enough to make much difference, but any is better than none.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin

Wow sad, but glad there was no loss of life. Prayers for those folks.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭

Don't think I have ever been there, but there are a pile of similar small towns around there poorly equipped to deal with such a fire. Sad story.

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Dry as can be down here in SW MO. Yet some dumb * was burning trash in their yard on hwy 160 last night.

I was down in Arkansas 2 weekends ago at an Overland / Off Road event. Walking in a field created little dust puffs under your feet.

I have crapload of boxes to burn but I'm waiting for it to rain.

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

We are under a burn ban, too. Last week, a farmer decided to burn off a field anyway and burned a railroad trestle down. Seems the fire "got out of control" and spread to the railroad R-O-W, which was as dry and overgrown (as usual), reaching the trestle over 1/2 mile downwind. The detour for the RR was 50-60 miles around the damage. Maybe the farmer has insurance?

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

they say rain is on the way

• Options

It's here!! Hallelujah. Actually have enough to create a puddle. I was worried at first because all we were getting wouldn't even settle the dust, just a very light drizzle. It finally picked up.

Pine Bluff had a wildfire last night. Not too far from my house down there. Son is living there. They brought in dozers to clear and berm for fire breaks.

I'm hoping it rains all day.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,589 ✭✭✭✭

I feel for them even more today.....2nd day of continuous rain. The process of sorting out any savable items from their homes is even more difficult.

• Options

Truly a heartbreaking situation. Prayers for all who have lost so much.