In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

remington 40x rf clone

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Pacific tool and guage is ad selling a 40x rf clone.

Anyone have any experiance with this action?

Thanks.

Comments

• 336marlin336marlin Member Posts: 201 ✭✭

Not with this particular clone; but I have the Bergara B14 R and the Zermatt Rim-X. They are both nice clones and as I have heard the Vudoo is also, but that is not why I am wanting to comment. PTG's customer service has plummeted down the toilet since a little while after covid arrived. Previous to that I had ordered a pair of their custom actions (long and short) and they were shipped in less than 6 weeks, also, some other of their items were shipped in record time. On 6/2 of this year (covid since being proven a farce) I ordered an extra complete bolt for the long action as I wanted the option of possibly barreling to another cartridge and with several persistent status checks on the last of September I got the bolt body and had to remind them that I ordered a complete bolt, so a couple weeks later the firing pin assembly came and I had to dress the end of the firing pin down as it was a larger diameter than specified in the original order. Have been inquiring about the picatinny rails for these actions for about three months now with no definite answer as to whether they can supply one or not. I have had an order in and paid for one of their B-12 single shot actions for 6 months now, also, with several persistent "order status checks" there has been no definite shipping date established. Dave posted a letter explaining their commitment to complying with the governments attempt to shut down the country. You would probably be quicker served to order one of the other clones or at least from another source. But, if you've got a year or two....

• GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

336marlin, Thanks. I am looking at the bergara b14r, but have not been able to locate a barreled action with the steel barrel.

Thanks again for your input.