In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I've been a very lucky man over all...

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in General Discussion

My youngest son who is 37 years old that was growing his hair long for his mom before she died of cancer donated it to children with cancer recently. It had to be over 15 in. long and she died too soon.

I've been a lucky man to have a family like I have been blessed with before and after my wife passed away. My wife and I had some great kids, grandkids and great grandkids.

When God said go forth and multiply that's one part of the Bible they took to heart. LoL

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******

My grandson grew his hair way long, and also donated to children with cancer. Proud of both our men.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

About 15 years ago I took an early teen girl to get her very long hair cut. I was a good friend for years of 3 generations of the family that I orginaly met in Deadwood. She wanted to donate it to cancer survivors. I was surprised, because of her age, that she felt that way. Not many times in my life that I've felt that good about being part of something.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I got married with hair at least that long

• discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭

pish posh, my chest hair is about that long, but like most cases of that, head hair is colored CLEAR. bwahahahahahaha

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

I kept my hair long up until about four years ago. When I had it cut short I wanted to donate it. I was told no because it was white. Didn't understand the reasoning since I assume there are white/gray haired peeps that need wigs.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

When mrsdeere lost her hair due to chemo, I tried to get her to get a redhead wig. That didn't go over so well.

I shaved my head to show my empathy. It's amazing that how much blood comes from a few nicks. I looked like Bull Shannon on Night Court.

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭

That's a great post, thanks for sharing it with us.

You certainly have a right to be proud of your boys, too bad there aren't more young men with ther heads on straight and their hearts in the right place like those two.

God bless them both and you as well.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Good for all of you that are sharing with others.