In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

RugerM77 parts- short action

Looking for a floor plate for my rifle. This is the old Tang Safety rifle- it was my Moms and I want to fix it not replace or trade it for a new one. I also understand that the part is no longer manufactured. Any ideas of where to find one would help. thanks in advance.


  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,631 ***** Forums Admin

    Looks like a discontinued part. I'd say one will have to scrounge the used parts guys at the gun shows.

  • Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭

    There are two sizes for the Tang safety rifles- long and short action. GunParts Corporation (Numrich) still has the short action floor plates listed for the Ruger MKII that will work. You might have to modify the latch extension from square to round to get it to engage in the trigger guard latch.

    Moyers gunsmithing in Idaho used to make a steel floor plate, but I don't know if they are still available. As the original M77 floor plates were aluminum, getting a good looking one off of an auction site can be kind of iffy.

    On my M77 tang safety rifle that I re-stocked, I used Dura Coat gloss blue/black on the trigger guard and floor plate, and they came out looking really nice.

  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

    I have a factory short action M-77 floorplate in gloss blue.. Perfect condition.... do you need the hinge???

    E-mail me at or call at 803-261-3663 and leave a message..


Sign In or Register to comment.