In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sitting here making a list, and checking it twice...........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in General Discussion

and it gets longer every year!!!!!! Our buck season opens on monday morning, going out sunday morning to do a few last minute things, heater in blind, gotta dig a little dirt so my desk chair sits level. Then we usually run the 4-wheeler trails to make sure they aren't blocked by fallen trees. I have tried for years to get the other guys out there month or so early to cut the trails out but noone seems to find the time till the last day. then it will be beer,beans and poker and a whole pile of lies for the next week or so, the older I get the more I enjoy this over the actual hunting, we have on member doing Kemo on monday opening day, he says he will be out wednsday, I hope so as he is the oldest of the group and sort of keeps us all together.

I can remember the time I just threw the gun and a blanket or two and couple pair of pants/shirts in truck and took off. Looking at this list now, I'm not sure it will all fit in the truck!!!!!

even taking 2 rifles, got an old 8mm mauser that has been sporterized by a great uncle back in the 50's, I have put a 6x20 scope on it and it will reach out there as far as my old eyes can see, for blind hunting. and I also have a 357 lever action for when we start driving. It has a reflex scope on it and is great on those deer you jump while walking or on the running deer when on stand and as these shots are almost allways 50 yards or less it has plenty of stopping power for that kind of hunting, plus it holds 12 shots for those pesky coyotes we happen to jump up also........

Comments