In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Went all out with the Christmas decor this year

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,890 ✭✭✭✭

We could use a little cheer here, so a few days after Halloween I got the Christmas "buckets" out of the closet and went to town on this house.

Since the kids don't live here and we had told ourselves we were going "smaller" I had donated our large tree earlier this year, so I had to go buy a tree. I wanted a small, flocked, pre-lit tree. Maybe 5' or so. Everything I saw looked like CRAP though. It was either way too small....WAY too big or just horrible looking altogether, so I sent pictures of a silver tree I thought about getting to Larry and he said the thought it would be nice. I found it at "At Home" which I had never been to before. That place is filled with home stuff.....and I need to avoid ever going back again or I might go nuts in there.

When the kids were little I used to hang snowflakes all around from the ceiling....they are paper, plastic and glitter. I told myself I was getting rid of anything I didn't put out this year, since I liked the snowflakes....they went up this year. I have the stockings my granny made for us on the fireplace and some garland with lights on the bannister going upstairs.

Its nice to have it all up and even the "constant complain over everything imaginable" members of the family are happy to see it. So, if you have any decorations and you're putting off dealing with them.....try to make yourself get it up if you can. Its worth it.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

it's a good thing there are folks like you that like Christmas , because if the stores had to depend on folks that feel like I do about it they would all go broke

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,054 ******
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 25,021 ✭✭✭✭

congrats on the effort

after our kids grew up decorating became almost last on the to do list and been some time now since we have pulled the decoration boxes out of the dark

however with some bigger projects now completed I think my wife may get back into it next year . she use to go all in for a holiday

Christmas and Halloween the top two of course our house and yard were always lighted up and full of decorations

. last year I did pull out a smaller Christmas tree ( one saved from over the years of a few we have ) and set it up just to have some reminder.

now that we have a grand kid that will be about two and half yrs old next Christmas I can see her getting a bit more into it

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭✭

When the last kid moved out in 2005 we quit putting up many decorations. We go to their houses for holidays, they rarely come here. Too much work for grandma. I told her we will let THEM clean everything up afterwards.

We did it for many years. Time for a break.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭✭

Helped the wife put up 3 trees today before I could go hunting . Will work on the outside lighting this coming week.

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,054 ******
    edited November 2022

Last year we had no decorations at all. No thanksgiving, no Christmas. We both had Code word 19, I got hauled out of the house in a bambulanz and I was locked up in Hospital facility for a few days.

Hope this year is better.

Merry Christmas.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

All of our Christmas Trees are decorated with pine cones outside .

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,604 ******

I did put up and decorate a Christmas tree about 3 years ago. A 7 1\2 ft. artificial one. A few days after the holiday, I hauled it out to the garage fully decorated. There is stayed until summer. Then I drug it down to the basement fully decorated and put it in a walk in closet. Been there ever since but if I get the Spirit, I just go into the closet.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,371 ******

I am not a fan of christmas.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain