In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Junk mail

bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I have been getting an invoice for someone that I do not know using my address. Asked my mailman how to get it stopped. His reply was throw it away. My fear is once this persons name and address established it is possible that my mail will be sent to whomever. Back story, my son was in the service, he had all his mail sent here. He got stationed in Germany. He put in postal request to send his mail to an address in Germany. He put on the mail forwarding request that all mail to be sent to his new address. About 2 weeks after he left here, I was getting junk mail and nothing else. He called and told me that he was getting my mail and bills. Great...It took me almost 3 weeks to undo his error. Don't laugh is wasn't funny. Back to the problem at hand. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭

Simply write "wrong address return to sender" on the envelope and put it back in the mail. If in fact it is legitimate the sender will correct their mistake if they want that invoice paid. Bob