In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got some marrow bones

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******

from the store tonight, for Kimber to chomp on. First time she has had them. OMG, that girl is in doggy heaven. I even sat down with a box of cheezit, she was not interested at all.

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I use to give them to Buck...only thing don't try and take it away...

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭

Make sure you let him out promptly when he needs to go!

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

We sell split cow bones in my meat market and lots of people buy them or their dogs. Personally, I love bone marrow.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******

Used to buy them until we got a 2nd dog in the family. Learned all about that K-9 Alpha stuff giving out fresh bones to both! Those two dogs who are joined at the hip best buddies reminded me of family members at war over an inheritance!!

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,640 ✭✭✭✭

our dogs like them and also dog snaps . their favorite is the Beggin strips .

side note our wiener dog was having to take pills last year so of course we used Peanut Butter to get him to eat the pill

he caught on to that real fast and if I offed him any PB to get him to take the pill I would get a growl and snarl in return evn bit I i pushed him too much to eat it 😲

he is just now starting to eat PB again as a treat but still does not trust it or me he watches the other dogs eat there's first before taking any LOL

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

I buy a bag full (5-7) every week for Buddy. He gets one left in his cage/crate everyday when I leave for work. He Loves them. Most days when I get home and let him out, as soon as he comes back inside he runs back over to his house (cage) and wears it out some more. 👍

Buddy is so spoiled, when I sit down with a snack, he knows it's 3-5 for me, 1 for him etc. 😉😂😁❤

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******

I was doing that same thing (3 for me 1 for him) with my Golden Retriever Corky. Last visit to the vet he got on the scale and it hit 120 pounds! 😲

It was very hard for me to break the sharing habit with that sweet boy, but after 7 months he is now down to a much healthier 100 pounds. Should come down a bit more over time.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you need to start snackin' on celery without the cream cheese or peanut butter filling. He'll get tired of that crap in a hurry.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Brookwood , Buddy is a Lean, Mean 90#'s of Coiled Muscle. (I'd really be afraid of him being PO'd/angry at me.) He can turn Scary in a Heartbeat, (like) when someone we do not know, shows up unnanounced. (Total, loving Goofball/Sweetheart with me though.)

Best dog I have Ever had. My "once in a lifetime dog." Blessed to have him.

*Plus, we only eat healthy snacks. White cheddar popcorn just now, Smoked almonds are a favorite, Dry roasted peanuts, etc. etc.

PS - I'm 6'1", 200#. Not fat by any means.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

My dogs love them but they definitely get the runs from it.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

My labs will army crawl through a field of razor wire for celery. It's madness but they love it.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain