In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

You North Carolinians got

roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭

power???

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

In NWNC we do.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭

I read about the outage yesterday and thought it sounded like a test run for something bigger.

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭

No one has mentioned this.......so I'll go ahead.

Beware of the possibility of a "False Flag" operation.

Just say'in.......🤔

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭

Not affected in.my part of the state . Wild speculation as to the shooters motivation. As a first responder , we have " wargamed" this scenario in anti terrorism classes . Lots of "soft " targets around . Dont know if it was some good old boy with a grudge or ? I am hoping there ain't no copycats around .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking, why hit 2 power stations? Maybe they didn't know which station served an exact location. Now, look at the area where the 2 power grids meet and for any high dollar targets. No power, no security system, no alarms, etc. Ripe for a major break-in & theft.

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭

Wow........

Just mentioning the POSSIBILITY of a certain situation(that history is full of), which I thought reasonable/harmless..........gets me a disagree??🤔

Well, I guess there's a first time for everything.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭

We do. Far away in the mountains.

• Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭

I recall a certain radio talk show host describing this scenario twenty-odd years ago.

A lot of substation transformers are a) oil filled, b) brought in by rail, and c) vulnerable to being disabled by a single bullet from a high-powered rifle.

I once asked a journeyman electrician if enough people knew about this and acted in a concerted effort to cause this kind of damage, could it actually disrupt energy delivery on a widespread level.

Unsurprisingly, he said, "Of course".

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭

Now the "copy cats" will soon come out 🤬

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

This had me remembering may yrs back

Not sureif they ever caught them ?

Out west some one or group used a cable and jumped a section or rr track to keep the power passing thru it low power electric runs thru the rails .

Any way they used that cable and removed a rail section

I don't think any one was hurt bad but did derail the train and shut down for several days

Ticking off rr workers by making a law they could not strike may not be in old poop paints favor

also Taking out substations to 10 of thousands of people and businesses by disabling them and showing how easy it is

And yet old creepy and the gang are concerned about the ar15 rifles In hands of honest citizens

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭

Conspiracy is usually the most complicated way to explain anything, and there fore logically it is usually wrong. A couple a bubbas is far more likely.

• Options

I think it was a couple of Bubbas. We got lots of them around here.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with @Junkballer, this was no "Bubba," attack.

To think so, is to deny the reality of the situation. IMHO.

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

I hope this doesn't catch on. It is cold up here and I have to drag the generator out of the garage.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

I believe it is our version of the European eco-idiots that glue themselves to stuff and throw cans of soup on paintings. Similar to the animal rights terrorists who free critters from places like mink farms, only to have the critters die in the wild. Kind of pointless and stupid, but that's the way most activists are. Bob

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

I think this may have been a result of some social media(disease) comments by certain groups calling for just such a thing to sow confusion and discord. Look it up, about 2 weeks ago. AND the big mouthed officials throwing hints to and fro that things like this is quite possible.

Sort of along the line of BobJ's post.

For what it is worth.

Leaves, I saw what you did right there.😁

• Options

Your a funny guy Ricci. 🤡

• Options

They are saying Domestic Terrorists. Sounds like a couple of bubbas to me.

• Options

They said last night on the news that they found cartridge casings from the attack, but they wouldn't say what rifle they were from.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭

Don't believe it is rednecks at all. I mean we have are share around here and know many but power plants would be off their list I would think.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

I'm hearing they were shouting "This is MAGA Country!" as they drove away.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

Big picture, not good either way. @everyone

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭

If that's true it's completely misinformation from the media for the public to chew on, why didn't someone get a tag number or vehicle description to go with the shouts if they were that close. It's way past time to scrutinize anything media says. If it were Rednecks shooting road signs I'd have no problem believing that, that's considered target practice around here 😊

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options

It being reported that they shouted, "This is MAGA Country," is total BS, IMHO.

Like @Junkballer, said - No one got a vehicle description, Tags? (Yeah, right.)

Even an Idiot knows you are going to deprive all your neighbors of Power. All their food is going to spoil, etc. (Unless you've got a bunch of coolers to put it outside in the cold.)

Not a bunch of Bubba's. Nope.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭

There are apparently lots of details not yet released to the public .One of my friends is the president of the local rural electric co-op. He hinted there was a lot more going on than just " bubba".

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options

Even an Idiot knows you are going to deprive all your neighbors of Power. All their food is going to spoil, etc. (Unless you've got a bunch of coolers to put it outside in the cold.)

Dude, which part of Bubba did you not get? This ain't a brain trust even if they got 'em some rifles.

Wanna get some coffee? What ever they do we good. I will buy. we can invite some more of these guys too.