In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best sight to retrofit on pre-64 Winchester 94?

hunterdan67hunterdan67 Member Posts: 6
edited December 2022 in Ask the Experts

I have my late father’s Winchester model 94 in 30-30. My goal is to fill a tag (deer or black bear) with this rifle in the next year or so, and to that end I’ve been shooting it with its traditional iron sights. I’m shooting ok groups, but think I could get a much better sight picture by either installing a Williams peep or some sort of fiber optic sight (Truglo, etc.) It’s pre-64 and doesn’t have screws to attach a peep on the side of the receiver like more recent models. Given that fact, I’m leaning towards some combination of fiber optic front and rear sights or fiber optic front and “ghost ring” rear sight. I’d like to know what the best option is to get a better sight picture for my aging eyes while keeping the rifle’s integrity as a vintage firearm??? Any suggestions, links, etc. are greatly appreciated!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.