In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

80% AR lowers

SystemSystem Member Posts: 17 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Editing/changing E-mail or Password.

Comments

• Options
    GhostRider157GhostRider157 Member Posts: 1

So where can we find out why 80% AR-15 lowers are not allowing to be auctioned, but are still legal to sell? I feel as if I have to contact every gunbroker employee by physical mail to get a hold of a person in customer service. I love Gunbroker until I have to get a hold of a person for an account inquiry, then it is just like facebook. They take your money, but refuse to talk to you about customer service issues.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Easy now!

BTW there is at least one 80% over on the auction side right now.

Could be something about how you describe the item.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

not allowed to post negative about GB

so many rules and laws changing every day if I was a dealer I would be very careful about 80% just look at the ATF department of clowns lately today legal tomorrow illegal

last rule I seen they are tossing out any thing 80% is a gun and has to be serialized and treated as its a real function firearm

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

ATF/NICS classifies a lower or receiver as "other" and that falls into same regulations as handgun.

Ya'll be careful out here.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,034 ******

Welcome to the forums. Please read the posting guidelines.

Auction issues need to be addressed by auction support. No one on the forums has access to the buttons on the auction side. No one on the forums is a GB Employee.

I think the answer to your question is answered in part by your forum name.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******

80% lowers were Kind of "banned" by the ATF last August for a very short amount of time until the courts overturned the "ban' temporarily, If you want the actually details of what is currently going on check with the companies that are selling them again, most have a detailed description of the current status on their web sites. One example is a company called 80 Percent arms dot com and they are part of the court case against the ATF. Alot of places and dealers quit selling them because of this, some have started again, the bigger ones are.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

Saw a bunch on auction yesterday