In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can any one with BATF experience tell me.......

SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Ask the Experts

Please tell me why a form 4 app. takes any longer to come back than a form 1, or for that matter any other Application through the BATF.

180 days is just a stupid long time for E-file.

TIA

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭

Different department handles that. Way more people process form 4s than 1s but there's way more form 4s coming through than 1s.

• SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭

Well after over 100 views, and a few days, I have come to the conclusion No one else can figure it out either.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

The answer is actually twofold. FIrst, you are dealing with the Federal Government, a federal Government administration hostile to the second amendment. Second and most important is because they can, there are no repercussions for them doing nothing and there is absolutely zero you can do about it.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"180 days is just a stupid long time for E-file."

What sort of fit would you be having if you'd waited 13 MONTHS for a FORM 4?

edited January 2023

I'm well on my way, so I guess I'll find out.

Thank you for your so helpful input. (said with extreme sarcasm)

You were warned back then it would be a year , I was told on the website 90 days.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Actually it is if you get past the emotional toll of dealing with the Federal Government bureaucracies, it is a valid truthful answer. At ATF there is no person you can hold accountable for your suffering. They know this and therefore what we mere tax paying citizens think in irrelevant. There is no single contact point for you to make and obtain answers except we are busy, please be patient.

I contacted the Social Security Administration about missing years of income in my record. I was on hold for an hour, they came on a dozen times or more telling me how they served 50 million Americans and were having phone issues. So while on hold I checked Bank of America. They have 63 million customers. The longest wait time I ever had was about five minutes with BOA. I got the a ebonics speaking Social Security helper and after ID'ing myself was told she could get the issue fixed. Then the phone disconnected, she never called back.

You can call your congresscritter, they will snail mail a privacy form to you and take somewhere around 6-10 weeks to send you a form letter telling you how much they care about you and are working hard on your issue. You will never hear from them again.

Call the FAA about Airports not following the rules after accepting FAA money. After much rug shaking, coverups and lies from the Airport all the misdeeds are ignored, the rules are ignored, your valid evidence is ignored and the elected get their picture in the local paper looking like they are hero's to voters.

Unfortunately, and sadly the answer I gave you is accurate. It is accurate because, in spite of your best efforts in this lifetime there is not one single person that will answer you with the truth and not one single person held accountable for the disservice they are providing to the people paying for their pathetic lives. All you can do it wait.

It is just the way it is.

Bpost, Thank you for answering me in such of an eloquent way.

Much of this I knew, But It is the best answer so far, thanx.

This discussion has been closed.