In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Long, but worthwhile adventure/read....

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭

Also, for some more stories, click on some of the tabs on top of the page.

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Fasinating story, thanks. I think I drove by the southern edge of Death Valley on the way from Texas to Sacramento via Los Angeles.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 25,049 ✭✭✭✭

thanks

so much interesting things on the internet

too bad it was not around when I was younger but another way glad it was not. way easy to get lost and loose track of time when searching LOL

'

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,857 ***** Forums Admin

Looks good, I earmarked it for a later read. Prolly at 04:00 tomorrow morning when all's quiet.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,162 ******
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭

I recall reading about this in the past. It also reminds me of a couple other stories that I have trouble finding now. The first was a kid in a rental Toyota Corolla getting stuck in the mountains off road. The other was a family that spent a couple nights broken down somewhere out there. I believe they burned their spare tire off their Jeep for heat.

I like being prepared when heading off road and bring a case of water, food, survival gear plus all the off road recovery gear with me when heading out into the unknown.