In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What have you bought over the years,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******

because of recommendations of fellow forum members?

Comments

• Options

A few things from my list;

A one gun, 'GunVault' recommended by Nunn & Colt. We still have it, use it, trouble free. Really like it.

A plug-in to outlet - rechargeable gun safe dryer. Still got, still use.

Didn't have to pay for, but got a new keypad for my safe by Bobjudy staying after me to call manufacturer because original keypad was eating battery weekly. (been several years now without replacing the battery)

A used SIG P-226

And Nuts, because of Don

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

nothing stands otut I will say deals on ammo with site links in the past

and a few items from GB sellers who posted on the forum with links one comes to mind was a set of three or four GI joe action figures ( dolls LOL ) decked out as famous Americans one of th eGB posters put up for sale and linked from here ) I bought for my grand son I will pass along when he gets a bit older and a bundle of ak mags same story

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭

22LR conversion for my Mini16 from Earl B.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭

Way too much

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Elm 327 Bluetooth diagnostic tool. Capt Fun suggestion. Never could get it to work. Actually bought 2. they're sitting on a ledge by the basement stairs.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there are other examples but recently Ricci told all of us about an Armscorp 1911 for $299.99. I so screwed up by not buying 5 or 10 of them. Excellent quality.

The way things are right now having your money in quality handguns is, in my opinion, safer than money in the bank. If things go WAY south I got barter goods, if not I can sell for $200 profit on each of the ones I bought.

Did I do this?? Of course not!! I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!!😁

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭

Coffee, molasses, burgers, Pepto, Milk of Magnesia, bikini underwear.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I have sometimes missed out on deals by not buying enough. I remember spending $24000.00 in a shop that was going out of business. I should have bought more. There is a firearms wholesaler who used to suddenly list a crazy price on some item. I remember seeing 9mm 115 gr. ball ammo for a little over $4.00 per box. Really? Well let's see. I punched in 60 boxes (3 20 box cases). BANG!! It is in my cart. Hum. I went for 200 boxes and that worked too. I stopped at 500 boxes, 25000 rounds. Then I saw .45 acp 230 gr. ball for like $7.99 per 50 round box. I bought 500 of those too. It all arrived by truck a few days later. When you are running an indoor range, you are always looking for deals on ammo. That was almost twenty years ago but it was a fantastic deal even then. A while later they showed S&W custom shop .45 pistols that usually wholesaled around $1500.00. They had I think eight or ten for $899.00. These were very short runs of guns S&W had built and it was just about impossible to know exactly what they were. I ordered one or two. They came in and I sold them for wholesale. I did learn after that. I bought more S&W over the next few years for silly prices. These were all custom shop or Performance Center pistols to include 952's. All top of the ling guns and I bought them all. The last time was a dozen Ruger SP101 .357 mag. revolvers for way under wholesale. I ordered all of them. Ruger does not allow wholesalers to discount their guns as a policy. My salesman called me and informed me that I probably would not get the revolvers. That was fine, no problem. They sent me eight of those guns but that was the last time I ever saw that kind of thing happen there. I guess their policy changed as well.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,346 ******

Several uppers from PSA which I read about here, parts from other mfgs recommended here. I check out a lot of the things recommended by members sometimes I buy if I have a need or want sometimes I just look out of curiosity.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******

Not today FBI!

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

257 Roberts, recommended by Searchers5, Dan. M1 Garand , Marc C. 218 Bee, can't remember who recommended that one. 1927 Winchester 32 special, Bert. Just a few of the many.

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭

A few of those shameless plugs have come my way

• Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Jonsered chainsaw. Somebody on here posted about anthem being on closeout from tractor supply or somewhere like that. I got one and its a really good saw.

• Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Ryobi 18V compressor ++

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I have purchased quite a few due to "Shameless plugs."

I've bought from Ricci, (several times) Locust Fork, Toad67/Todd, Select-fire, quite a few more that escape me at the moment.

Although @Ricci.Wright and I joke around a lot, I like buying from him. His stuff is very well described, lot's of photo's, arrives promptly, is well packaged and is very clean. There you go Ricci, you owe me one.

*Can I have my (incriminating) photo's back now?

Your Pal,

- Ken -

• Options

if I could hit both like and lol I would, @KenK/84Bravo

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

I got two shot guns and 1,000 30 cal 185 grain ELD Berger bullets from Kasey and a BEAUTIFUL M1 Garand from Mark, may he RIP. I bought several other items from posts made here in the G.D. forum.

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭

I will vouch for Ricci, too. Bought a couple guns from him, same deal. Got a nice .380 which I gave to my daughter's mother-in-law, and a .22 rifle just to add to the pile. Excellent guy to deal with. And his guns smell like coffee! JK

Also a few people on here have bought stuff from me.