In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shoot til you run out of bullets.

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

From another source:

"The armed customer, described by Houston police as a white or Hispanic male, fired at least 9 shots at the suspect who dropped to the ground and died. The armed customer fired multiple shots, including one at the suspects head, after the suspect had dropped to the ground. "

Comments

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭

In a defensive shooting school I attended, the (police officer) instructor was quoted to say, "You shoot them until they stop coming at you, and then you shoot until they fall down, and then you shoot until they stop moving. And then you shoot them once more to be sure."

I will never forget that.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like one of those good guy with a gun incidents that the libs say never happens. Bob

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Good advice for survival BUT they will lock you up for it! 🤔☹️

I do NOT have a problem with it, but if they prove the man was laying on the ground and unarmed when he made the head shot, the poor fellow will go to prison UNLESS the perp still had the gun(fake or not)!

I firmly believe that if you play stupid games......you win stupid prizes!

I have no issue with the prize the robber won, but my opinion wont help the self defense shooter very much.

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

Robber dead, good guy walks off, perfect ending. Hope they never discover the shooter.

• forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Yep ,,,,,,, ask the pharmacist who shot a robber and went outside to see if any other perps were around, and walked back inside and shot the robber on the floor again, Convicted and sent to prison.

Or a friend of mine who shot her husband with a 410 as he walked in the door after he called her told her he was coming home to beat her. He was very abusive for a number of years, was selling drugs, and into *.

Husband fell to the floor but was still alive, his wife ‘reloaded’ and shot him again. Convicted and sent prison because she reloaded and fired again when husband was incapacitated.

Both incidents took place in a conservative state.

Yep, the ole sayin' ...... Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.......NO longer holds as much water!

IF I were on the jury, those would have been HUNG at worst. Id be the line NOT guilty if I had to be.

Folks dont see it the way I do however. Best to unload FAST and do NOT shoot when they are on the ground, unless they still have a weapon and are a threat!

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

i watched    Colion Noir do a pod cast on it last night

and a good over all 2a activist with his channel

he did a great job of talking about it also a good job about the nay Sayers about shooting the guy in the back and he had a toy gun and cry baby's thoughts

even said play stupid games win stupid prizes

will add I enjoyed ( lol ) his comments about robbing some one in Texas

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I don't see what difference it makes. Dead is dead. Would you shoot a grizzly attacking a person only once?

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Threat was neutralized, that seemed to work out just fine.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I will reserve comment because my "Social media," would likely be recovered and used against me, were I ever to be involved in a shooting.

Fake gun?

Sorry, "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes."

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭

Never run out of ammo. Save at least one.

"I shot until I no longer felt threatened" should be what you tell your attorney BEFORE he accompanies you to the police interview.

"I do NOT know, I stopped when he/she stopped. I was afraid for my life!"

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

[In a defensive shooting school I attended, the (police officer) instructor was quoted to say, "You shoot them until they stop coming at you, and then you shoot until they fall down, and then you shoot until they stop moving. And then you shoot them once more to be sure."]

Rocky, that might work in some places but very few.

Most of the time, you'll have to justify EVERY SHOT.

This is Utah. It would be fine here. The West may no longer be wild, but it is still the West.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

Times have changed and the left has the criminals with the rights

It's been maybe 20 yrs since I got my ccw in the first groups of people in Ohio when they made it legal

I had to go to class I think it was a three day event

Any way at the time ohio still had the stupid law run hide do what ever to avoid getting shot or what ever absolute last thing was to shot to protect your self or any one

Thank goodness that changed

Any way in class they told us if you in your house some one breaks in and steals your TV while your watching it you have no right to shoot them unless they are 100% threat to your safety

One fellow ask so I can not shoot them for breaking in stealingmy property

Yes that's correct was the answer

Got to love his response .then at least can I shoot my TV so the crook cant watch it

The room broke out laughing

The only good point they made was even ifs a justified clean shoot

You can count on the law taking you to court if the bad guy lives he may take to court for injuries if he died his family will take you to court at the time that was exactly how it played out