In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody has experience with a GB Seller who forgot to add shipping cost?

TravisTravis Member Posts: 3
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

I won an auction a couple of days ago and paid off the full invoice right away. Now the seller claims that shipping is not free and that he added a cost figure under items description. I checked and in effect, he added a statement that reads "I forgot to add shipping which is 32.00". He is not even apologizing for his mistake. I sent a message to customer service but have not heard from them. Also I tried to reach out to them over the phone but nobody picks up. I have used GB before for both buying and selling and never had an issue. This came as a pretty unpleasant surprise. I would appreciate any advice on what would the best course of action be.

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭

It's a contract,

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

The first thing is that NOBODY on the forums has any better contact with the GB auction side than you do. The forums are not even on the same servers. IMNSHO the seller needs to eat the cost of shipping. If it not listed, it did not happen. Also, be wary of "actual cost" auctions. Make sure you ask questions and get a firm number for shipping before bidding.

If there was no cost listed and no added shipping in the description and terms. The seller should eat the shipping and learn from the experience.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

By your description, I'm guessing that it was an auction with a low starting bid, and bids were placed before the seller realized their mistake? If that's the case, and your bid was placed before he added the "additional information", then I'd say it's on them, and a lesson learned. However, if you bid on the item after the info was added, and you missed it, then it's on you.

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭✭

I say be the better man and pay the shipping.......you'll sleep better. What's more important a good nights sleep or $32.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******

Offer to split the difference.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

I always check the listing carefully before bidding. If it does not say "Free Shipping" I assume there will be a shipping charge added, If I am really interested in the item, I inquire via message or called.

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

Post a link to the auction, we'll tell you pretty quick who is in the right.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭

If you did not read the guidelines about posting in this forum then I am am having a hard time believing your description of the transaction.

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Its $32. Pay it and move on.

• Options

I did read the guidelines. My question was not a support question but an inquiry on others experience. Sorry to bother you SW0320

• Options

Warbirds.

Sure, it is what I am trying to do. I don't care about $32, is just the concept. GB should not allow these things to happen. It does not help the site reputation.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,348 ******

You got your opinions from multiple members, including several moderators.

GB auction support are the only folks who could change auction policies.

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad you read the guidelines, Fell free to join in and/or start other discussions, however this one is done.

This discussion has been closed.