In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cooking Shows

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,351 ******

Retirement hobbies go from the gunshop to the kitchen for me. I have always enjoyed a good meal and learned to cook many things from my mom way back over 50 years ago.

Anyway, I was just remembering the very first cooking show I used to watch. The Galloping Gormet starring an Englishman named Grahm Kerr. The way he always used "Clarified butter" and with his strange accent I thought some gal named Clara was a sponsor for his show! My wife was brought up watching Julia Childs. Back when Dan Akroyd did that skit on SNL years ago about how to debone a chicken, I remember my wife went into a laughing jag that wouldn't quit!

I probably watch most cooking shows more for entertainment than using their recipes which usually contain many ingredience that I have never even heard of. Anyone remember watching the original "Iron Chef" from Japan? That show reminded me of a combo Bruce Lee meets Godzilla feature! The voice overs in English were hilarious too!

Comments