In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Three Strikes You Are Out ------------Maybe?

4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

I never was jabbed. I am over 65. I have COPD.

I am writing this because i hope in some small way it might help Mr.P, BobJudy and a few others on the Forum who seem to be honestly searching for the truth on Covid-19.

Nine days after my Diane passed away I got to the point where I could not eat or drink for over 24 hours. I have what i believe is called Esophageal Stricture. My Dad and Son also have it. My son sat with me all day at the hospital and finally they went down my throat, removed some scar tissue, removed obstruction and did bi-ops on the tissue which proved negative.

About 30 minutes after i hit the ER, the tech came down and said you have Covid-19 at which point they isolated me. For over six months i ignored my esophagus symptoms because I was two years 24/7 trying to take care of my sweetheart. I was really six years with my daughter keeping her out of a nursing home. By the grace of God we won that battle. in the past two years I have lost almost 25lbs.

They released me from the hospital because I really had no Covid-19 symptoms. No sooner had i walked in the door and I was warned by text message NYS Health Dep to isolate myself for 5days, wear a mask. and don't go out of the house until I was temp free for 5 days.

I had been to my pulmonologist about 3weeks before and he said my lungs were clear and i had a little wheeze at the throat. The only symptom I had during this whole ordeal was spitting up a large wad of yellow mucus about every 4hours that eventually turned to clear after about 10 days. I repeat, did not have a sore throat, did not have a cough, no aches or pain, no runny nose. Almost seemed like a bacterial infection in my bronchial tubes.

The day after I arrived home I called my pulmonologist and said "What am i suppose to do now. Just sit here and die. My son/daughter just lost their mother and now what, they will loose their father" He got on computer and studied hospital report. Claimed I had low grade Covid-19 whatever that means. He got on phone and prescribed Paxlovid which my son picked up next morning. Three pills in AM and three in PM for 5days.

I have no idea whatever this damn medicine works or not. It is experimental for emergency use only. Did the hospital lab make a mistake (positive)? Did I really have a bacterial infection brought on by the Covid-19 or otherwise? Is my immune system shot to hell because I tried and succeeded in keeping my wife out of the nursing home?

I was there when my sweetheart started her journey to Heaven and drew her last breath. She held my son/daughters hand and her little dog Willie and I kissed her goodbye. I did not want for my kids to loose their Father also, so i took the damn medicine.------------------------------------------Ray

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

You have to do what makes sense for your circumstances. Personally, I am not going to be taking experimental drugs or vaccines, but my circumstances are vastly different from yours and frankly most everyone else.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

I'm taking paxlovid now. I needed something. My pulse-ox was down to 89 and at times my pulse was down to 48. I couldn't sleep because every time I'd doze off,I'd stop breathing. I sat up and watched television and walked around the house. For 2 days. I'm on day 2 of paxlovid and the worst is behind me. The paxlovid leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭

Ray I have followed your tribulations on the forum and you are still in our prayers.

Regarding Covid, the fact that it can cause such a wide range of symptoms, from none at all (asymptomatic) to death is one of the reasons I am not getting very far in my search for the truth about the vaccine. Would someone who gets hit extremely hard have died without the vaccine helping? Was someone that had no symptoms or maybe the sniffles put in danger by the vaccine? Was the vaccine or the virus the culprit for some of the cardiac events that we hear about?

I am glad you seem to have a mild case and I have heard nothing but good about paxlovid so hopefully you will get through this without any serious problems. As for isolating, that is what all sick people, cold, flu and yes covid, should do. It ain't your fault you caught it but it can be your fault if you pass it to others. So kick back, open a cold one and watch some old westerns on the tube for a few days. With all you have been through, you could probably use the rest anyway. Best wishes, Bob

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭

every one has the coof

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

BobJudy, thanks for your kind words. It has been 21 days since my positive test. I had no symptoms except spitting up the large amounts of mucus and a three day run of 100 degrees or less on the fever. I returned home three days ago and sheltered with my daughter before that in Delaware County, NY. Tomorrow i will venture out for some food least I starve.--------------------------------Ray

PS: yes I have been watching a lot of Me TV and Grit since I returned home.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭

you are welcome and it sounds like you are on the mend. I hope I don't have to take my own advice because Dish T.V. is having a feud right now with MeTV and I can't watch it!😁 Bob

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭

No rhyme or reason with Kung Floo. I had it in 2019. Caught it from an employee before anyone even knew (or didn't claim to know) what it was. My employee died due to lack of proper treatment. I had Kung Floo again a year ago and the second bout was far worse than the first. I survived w/o any medical intervention or even doctor visit. Older Son caught it from me but no one else in either family got sick. None of us accepted the jabbo--EVER.

I know folks who had 3 jabs and still caught Kung Floo. The entire catastrophe was orchestrated for a single purpose.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭

Hang Tough Ray.

Lot's of people pulling for you Brother.

- Ken -