In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feedback??

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Would you leave lower feedback for a seller who shipped an item, as per the auction description, but failed to mention that there would be an "Adult Signature Required" when the item, a set of reloading dies, showed up? Now I have to make sure that someone, an adult, is sitting at home between the expected delivery time. What the heck is wrong with some people...

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't like it if it was sprung on me. I wonder if this seller has been burned in the past by all of the porch pirates that seem to be prevalent now. That could be why they are paranoid about having a record of the customer having the item in hand. Just guessing, but I can't think of any other reason. Bob

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Had Cabela's do that to me on the purchase of a BP Handgun. (1851 Confederate Navy.)

I was none too happy.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

i ship with tracking and signature i protect my self ..some folks not home for deliverys ,live in apt ect tough 💩

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

I believe You can go into fed ex/UPS website and override that as the recipient.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭

People complain when their items are stolen off the porch and say its the seller's problem because its their responsibility until its in their hands.....so heck no I'm not shipping anything without a signature. Its not the seller's fault at all....blame every theif that you see on video every day for this nonsense. People in some places can leave their babies outside to nap in a stroller in the fresh air....but here, we cannot have a box with $10 worth of liquid soap in a box without some moron seeing it as his good luck.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I require an adult signature on almost everything I ship. Sometimes it does no good as I have had mail delivers sign the receipt themselves. Once I had that happen and they threw the package on the steps of an abandoned building and drove off. A 9mm pistol was lost. And I pay $8.50 for that signature too.

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭

When I send a payment for something I purchased on GB I always require a signature, that way I know it has arrived and the person has it in hand. Personally I have no problem at all in signing for an item, I will make arrangements to do so if need be. Good protection for both parties.

• Options
    rivethookrivethook Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

That just happened to me last week, 9mm with adult signature required was apparently signed by driver and left on the ground under the mailbox in the rain. Luckily my FFL dealer was expecting it and got it before the porch bandits! If it was stolen who is responsible? 

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I have no problem with "signature required," or when something ships to my FFL. I just do not like to be surprised with "signature required" because it was never stated up front.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

That's the way I feel Ken. If you're going to ship it that way, just mention it in the description. For people shipping to an FFL is one thing, since it's most likely a business and they're open, but surprising an individual isn't a great practice IMO.

• Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭

I put no faith in GB feedback. There are lots of sellers with multiple negatives and still rated A+. Get one negative on e-bay and see how long it takes to get back to A+

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know for sure about UPS, but FedEx won't do it. Since the seller is the one who paid for it they are the only one who can change it. What you can do is have it delivered to a FE alternate drop of point then you go by and sign for it. Here locally just about any dollar general is a alternate.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭

Should have been stated up front, but it is pretty standard and in everyone's best interest, if sometimes inconvenient. I would not leave lower feedback, but might suggest the seller add it to his/her future listings.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,034 ******
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭

Just hold for pickup and go get it if nobody can be home during those times. I do agree getting it unexpectedly isn't good though.

Feedback itself is becoming a pain. I don't buy and sell a lot. However, the last 5 purchases here together is around $20k and all were paid quickly. Not one left feedback in spite of me leaving it for them. I sent a reminder saying I submitted it for them, and asking if they would. Nope, Nothing.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭

No they are being considerate so it gets to your hands

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.