In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Flashlight Report

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I just bought four of these Eveready rechargeable headlamps from Amazon plus one Streamlight . The Streamlight is brighter and has both spot and flood capabilities, but it cost more than the four Eveready's combined. The Eveready light is comfortable to wear and lights up everything within 30 or 40 feet. And they cost $17.00 for two. I have one in each car, one at home, and one here by my desk.

Eveready Rechargeable LED Headlamps (2-Pack), IPX4 Water Resistant Head Lights for Running, Camping, Emergency, Outdoors (USB Cable Included),Black (2-Pack),Adjustable

Visit the Eveready Store

4.7 out of 5 stars

217 ratings | 6 answered questions

-15% $16.96

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******

So... no more being kept in the dark?

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭

now you will actually be able to see what your drinking........

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭

I have the everready ones, low high white, and red. They are VERY good for chores in the dark(easily see 30 foot). Cheap, light, affordable, and rechargeable.

I too aslo have streamlights. The streamlights have an option for apot light, so they throw WAY further BUT they cost way more!

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******

Sounds good, have to check them out. I always liked the Mag-Lite brand also.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭

I have a "cost effective" rechargeable "head" lamp that is very handy. I often finish up my mowing in the dark & it gets used as the z-turn doesn't have lights.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

sounds good

if you like them and they work thats all that matters

I could not even guess the number of flash lights we have accumulated over the years . Maglites ,surefire, and many off brand several hanging just inside the pole barn door our cars and trucks have at least two in each one just about every room in our house has at least one and have several battery lantern style camping lights all in one place when needed if [powder goes out at least a dozen inexpensive head lamps that use the 3.7 volt rechargeable battery's and have about 20 spare battery's and a few charges for them their great for hands free use and get used 97% of the time around here . I would not trust my life to the cheap ones or depend on them in the middle of no where but general around here use for about 10.00 there great wish I had a couple like them as a kid out rounding up night crawlers LOL

flash lights are a sub attraction to me right up their with pocket knives I am always adding to the pile .

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Same here. Always hard to pass up a new flashlight when I see one. My Eveready uses AAA batts and it has flood, spot, both plus red. The elastic headband died and I replaced it with leather straps plus a cord and cord lock to adjust tension.

I also have a few that clip to a ball cap brim. Very small and handy. One is rechargeable and has 10 and 100 lumen options. The one that gets carried the most is on my keychain. It's a Streamlight Nano. No bigger than a cigarette butt but surprisingly bright and it cost me $10 a few years ago. Likely twice that now but still worth it.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭

Hard to beat a Streamlight if you need light. Hard to beat a Maglight if you need a light and a club.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

Headlamp in your vehicle? Novel idea that I haven't properly pursed. I keep a headlamp in my farm pickup but only flashlights in my work vehicle. I think I'll remedy this short coming tomorrow.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Been using streamlights for about the last 30 years or so on the fire dept . Never had a problem with them . Costly but pays for itself over

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,979 ✭✭✭✭

Grandson #1 likes this one

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭

@Mobuck I keep a spare headlamp & taillight bulbs in all my vehicles.😉

• Options

I keep small cheap flashlights in my vehicles. I have given away LOTS of them over the years. People wreck or break down, then walk around the edges of a dark rd with dark clothes! At least these cheap flashlights let them be seen before they are also hit by a vehicle.

Tractor supply had em, like 16 for $18 and they all come with batteries. Also got some online for about the same $. Just small plastic leds with 3 aaa batteries.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,310 ******

My favorite rechargeable headlamp are the ones made by Nitecore.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Yea, nitecore and streamlight are some of the best. But the everready ones that the OP talk about are probably the best bang for the buck. That is for general use around the house and in the truck. They are SO cheap that you can have several spread around. They are VERY good lights for general use.

And as @austin20 posted, they are excellent for frog hunting and play time! 😁