In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The C&P Posting of Memes and Other C&P Material........

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin
edited February 2023 in General Discussion

Ok....So there are getting to be some C&P posts with copyrighted/trademarked material or other inappropriate subject matter for a public forum. It is the duty of the poster to make sure anything posted falls within the posting guidelines. Below are a couple of paragraphs from the forum posting guidelines. I thank everyone for their consideration on this matter. Have a great weekend.

Profanity, nudity, vulgarity, racism, etc.

Self explanatory, and includes written words, photos, memes or anything else posted in these forums. The moderators have a range of personal opinions about what is offensive and they moderate accordingly. The issue we have with posting photos of pretty girls in the forums is because the photos become more and more explicit until someone posts a photo which is over the top. The staff has seen this happen too many time to allow it to even get started.

Posts that violate any federal, state, or local law, or that infringe on another party's intellectual property (copyright, trademark, etc.) are prohibited.

If you don't own it, someone else does. There are complicated rules regarding what is called Fair Use. Generally, Fair Use allows a person to use a portion of someone else work for non commercial purposes. That means that you could post a singe page of a manuscript, but not the entire book. Furthermore, you can't request someone to burn a copy of a DVD and send it to you (someone actually tried that in the forum). Photos: I make a point to use my own photos, but in many cases this isn't possible. If you need to lift a photo or two off the web to further describe something in you thread then do so...but not one hundred photos! Although more generous than in the previous forum, there is an ultimate bandwidth limit in this forum.

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

I'm guilty, thanks for the reminder.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

If you need to lift a photo or two off the web to further describe something in you thread then do so...

I also strongly advise that if you're going to be lifting pics of items off the web to help describe something, that you indicate that's what you've done. Pulling pics off the web and claiming what's shown in them as your own has gotten some members in big trouble.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

btt, one more round

• Options