In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Covid tally ???

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

I am now believing that for the time being my search for vaccine side effects/deaths is fruitless. Some are now admitting that the covid casualty rate is way off;

This is what I meant by correlation/causation. Just because someone tested positive for covid doesn't mean it was covid that killed them. Overzealous reporting of infections and a monetary reward for treating covid patients perhaps led to over counting by 70%.

It appears to be the same way with athlete vaccine illness and deaths. Mass inoculations with any deaths by the vaccinated being attributed by some to the vaccine regardless of the actual cause of death. You probably won't be sorry to hear this, but I am putting my search for answers to the side effect questions on hold until more of the real info comes out. So I guess for a while you mods won't be forced to read my posts on the subject. Lucky you!😀 Bob

Comments

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

During my collegiate studies of statistics we learned that as more storks perched on houses in Europe the birth rate went up. Also, it was noted that as more ice cream was consumed in the US, deaths increased in India.

So, do storks bring babies and my consumption of ice cream kill peeps in India?

As Paul Harvey would say, I can provide the "rest of the story" should anyone care. And yes, it does tie into the whole Covid thing.

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭

The numbers come from a government we can't trust. Let's go Brandon!

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭

Yea, the ole saying....

Lies, dang lies, and statistics!

I for one believe my own EYES.

Just sayin'

• Options
    edited January 2023

Susie, please elucidate. I, for one, always enjoy your posts and insight.

Back in the stone ages my statistics professor said that statistics were best used by insurance companies and gambling houses since both of those entities are similar. Bob

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

@BobJudy, The instructor was using this to point out that should one choose to do so, statistics could be used to prove a false point/causal relationship and would be a lie. Interpretation of data is skewed by the subjective, not objective thought process of the individual examining the data if one is not hyper vigilant in statistics studies.

A more likely scenario is this:

Storks are prone to huddle up next to heat vents (chimneys) during extremely cold weather increasing their numbers on roofs. What else happens during extreme cold? Peeps stay inside and find other forms of recreation leading to an increased birth rate 9 months later. (Boom chicka wow-wow).

India and the US experience much the same weather in summer months. High temperatures in the US leads to folks eating ice cream (summer time snack). This seasonal high temperature phenomenon is paralleled in India. High temperatures there with no air conditioning in much of the country leads to an increase in heat related deaths.

So, one can correlate increased stork presence to babies being brought by them if that was the point to be made. Adding in the third variable not included in the first iteration of the supposition will provide a more complete picture where both results were caused by the extreme cold.

Same applies to the India scenario where there is a third factor that influenced the two instances provided where both were an outcome, not a cause.

• Options
    edited January 2023

Very well put and once again adds credence to the statement that correlation does not necessarily mean causation. That is one reason I have paused my quest for knowledge about the vaccine side effects. It seems none of the studies include all of the variables, and like your examples that can lead to erroneous conclusions. Thanks for expanding on your earlier post. Bob

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭

If you read the MAGA press the deaths are off the charts. If you read real science, not so much. So it goes.

• Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

My post in another forum on same topic

"McApple Wrote:

I think it's more a case of: with no clear direction, criteria, standards, or vetting of data, each responding agency made their own rules and decisions.

Especially with all the political "grandstanding" we had to endure."

my reply:

I lost my Sunshine to fungal pneumonia a year ago today. She caught Covid because her immune system was compromised because of lymphoma and that led to her getting the pneumonia which she couldn't fight.  

So was her death cancer, Covid, or pneumonia related????