In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lots of knife attacks.

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to be making headlines these days. Are they coming after our knives next?? They took our working toilets and replaced them with less efficient ones. Now they want our gas stoves, to protect the children don't you know. Of course, taking the guns has been a long-range project. Are knives next?? The left won't be happy till we all are living in cold dark caves eating grass. I find it somewhat humorous that the left-wing idiots pushing this crap would be the first to die under such conditions.

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭

I think the UK has banns on knifes

And some royal family generations ago ban pointed knifes at the big dinners and drunk fest they had /have

People have killed people since more than two came into contact we will alway find a way if just a rock or golf club

Humans have a deep primordial killing programed into us some just can't control it obvious by the news every day

Like the science fiction shows some day i hope not but one nut job will push the doomsday button and end life as we know it

Also Just me

and a passing thought

a country or leader can declare war and kill untold numbers and that's fine As it was declared a war

But if I declare war on some one and kill them on a smaller scale then i am in trouble lol

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭

You can NOT order knives and have them mailed in the UK. You can buy, from the govt approved selection, at local stores. But DON'T get caught walking around with it!

Guess what, people are stabbed to death almost daily!

Just sayin'

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,331 ******

Hammers

screw drivers

saw blades

files

shovels

long sticks

Everything's a weapon.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Most all of us, especially old guys carry a pocket knife here in the south.They are tools to us.I worked with a younger guy from north of the Mason-Dixon ask why so many southerners carried weapons. I gave him a Leatherman tool and he thought it was the worlds greatest invention.

• Options

More people in the USA are killed by hands/feet than guns or knives. Lets ban hands and feet!

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Read some articles about Europe crime. A piece of 1/2 rebar about 12 inches long and sharpened to a point is weapon of choice.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭

So, what your saying is

rebar in

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

Always carry 2. That way at the end of the fight you each have one.

• Options
  • Options
    arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

A vehicle driven into a crowd, is an easy way to kill. Doubt that they will ban then, thou. If people want to kill other people there are thousands of ways to get the job done. They could put more in jail or lethal injections instead of keeping them forever in prisons. Seems to me way to many only serve part of their sentence and become repeat offenders.

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

A friend's stepson just got sentenced to two 3-year terms for drug possession and domestic assault. They will run concurrently, and he will probably stay in jail for 18 months. He has stated that when he gets out, he's going to kill my friend and his own soon-to-be Ex-wife, who he thinks got him convicted. Knowing him, I believe he will try.

I reminded my friend that a restraining order is just a piece of paper!

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

@grdad45, tell your friend to approach the Court with that information. Making Terroristic Threats should garner him more time in jail.

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

^^^^Yeah, the DA is aware of it.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,331 ******

Lots of knife attacks.

And now we have @Warbirds asking about knives. Hmmmm.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

My wonderful daughter-in-law is from Britain, and I read a lot of British newspapers just to see what's going on. I'm amazed at the number of vicious knife and other pointy-weapon attacks on a daily basis. It seems murder by knife is as popular in the UK as murder by gun in the U.S.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Man/woman's nature, do unto others before they do unto you.

The method used is what ever is available, fist, rock, club, M-60, you name it.