In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

who believes in spirits

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

And not the ones you drink. Here is my story.

I wasn't a believer in the after life, spirits or ghost. Then I met my wife. Donna lived in a farm house from the 1700's. On our first date, I was waiting for her to get ready to go out on a dinner date. When we got in the car, I asked if that was a picture of her mom, sitting on top of the TV, holding a lamb. Donna gave me a funny look and said, No, my mom died when I was 9 , and we don't have any pictures of her in the house. About three weeks later, we went to meet her sister in a neighboring town. When we walked into their living room, there was the picture of her mom holding the lamb, on top of the TV. Donna just looked at me and said, is that the picture??? YUP.

Two months later, I spent the night at her house, Her dad owned another farm in Maryland, and she was all alone. As Donna was getting a shower, Her mom appeared in the doorway, and just stared at me. She then pointed to the stairs and shooed me away. Not being able to move, do to being scared, Donna came in and asked me if I saw her mother. I just shook my head, go out of bed and left.

Since that day, I have seen her mom three different times in our house, and each time was after we had a bad argument. Her ashes are in an urn on a table in our bedroom. I always bring her roses and cards on holidays and her birthday. I know she is with us all the time.

One night when Chris was about three, we heard him talking to someone in his bedroom. When we asked who he was talking too, he said grandma. He then looked at Donna, and said, your mom, not GG, meaning my mom.

The reason for this post is, Tonight when I got home, I heard someone say, hi Johnny. Nobody calls me by my name like that, except my wife. Everyone calls me Oak or Oakie. I walked down the hall and both dogs are staring at the urn. Donna is at work. She is a kind and gentle spirit, and I feel comfortable with her in our house. It is kinda like she is looking out for us and, especially, Donna.

So does anyone else have experiences like this????

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Do-Do-Do-Do. No, but our house was built in the late 1800's. And every once in a while I swear I see a shadow pass by😲

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭

I know there is way more than we will ever understand or know and well beyond our imagination.

not long after my wife and I were married we rented a old farm house

so many things I seen and heard along with my wife while we lived there

the classic shadows walking in another room or so sometimes the quick corner of your eye to catch our attention many times we would have sworn we heard people up stairs in the rooms talking nothing clear just talking ( our bed room was down stairs ) what looked like some one walking and fading into the dark many times .

one night about 2:00 am I woke up and then woke up my wife to see it our bed room looked like some one had turned on the lights it was so bright , no traffic no outside light to reflect and it was a one time deal spooky to say the least it stayed lit up for about a 1/2 hour I never found any thing even walking around out side and thru the house looking for a possible cause .

it had a porch that surrounded about 1/2 the house when we moved in I could not guess the number of times I went out side with a flash light and my 45 auto looking for what or who ? was making all the noise like some one was walking very loud foot steps not like a animal noise like actual foot steps after many such late night walks I just quit doing it what ever was happy to say ouit side and I was happy inside LOL

honest it was the spookiest place we have ever lived . we talked about it many times while we lived there and decided what ever it ?or they ? were posed no harm as best we could tell ,

other than being a bit scary and unpredictable so we just adjusted to having unseen company sharing the place we lived their about 4 years give or take , never changed we always felt we had visitors .

I am not tin foil hat kind of guy but there is so much about this world we do not and most likely will never know so much stuff even science can not explain

some what related to unexplained how the heck did the ancient civilizations do what they did total amazing in so many ways

multi million ton stones razor thin joints moved and stacked miles away perfect round holes and square holes in some of the hardest rock known and they ( sciences ) try and sell us the used a hammer and coper chisels HA HA HA

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭

My house i lived in for 20 years was haunted . Whoever it was they did not like me having overnight female guests . Doors would open and shut and stuff would be moved around out of place . Curent wife says I imagined it all . I still believe.

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭

I do, both good and evil, imo. Not going into detail and never will.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,009 ******

When I worked graveyard on death row, I would eat my lunch in the gas chamber at 3 a.m. Yes, ghost are real.

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭

Most of my life I never did. After my Dad passed I was standing in his living room (a hundred year old house on land my family has owned and lived on since the 1850's) and I heard three distinct knocks on the bay window behind me. I quickly turned around no one was there. No one was with me and there was no place for anyone to hide outside the window.

There has been a few other strange occurrences but that one really stands out.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,282 ******

I don't need to have had a personal encounter to believe in them. Plenty of credible people have had encounters and I believe them.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

well thanks ^^^^^

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

This is a question only you can answer- but I can tell you a story.

For several years I worked for the law enforcement agency that provided security for the Governor of VA and the First Family. Unlike some states, here the Governor lives in the Governor's Mansion, built in 1813. And we had a guest- met by several of us, and by a couple of the Governors.

She is a young lady- late teens, pretty and playful, wearing a white taffeta gown. She was attending a party at the Mansion. A carriage was waiting to take her home- but on the way there was an accident. Carriage overturned; she was killed.

For about 130 years, the young lady has been trying to get home, always ending up back at the Mansion. She has never been known to act in any evil manner- but has been known to prank people there at the Mansion- including a Governor.

You can make up your own mind- but I do believe there was a long term guest there.

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

Not so much ghosts. But I KNOW angels and demons are real!

I dont believe that ghosts show up just to do harmless pranks or be seen to disappear. Angels show up to help and/or guide, demons show up to cause harm.

Thats IMHO!

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I do Oakie.

I have had Way too many experiences in my Life, to NOT believe there are things out there we can not understand/explain.

Like others here, I have experienced things that can not be explained. I feel honored to be attuned enough to have noticed/payed attention to them.

I have had dreams that were very innocuous, but later on I would be in that exact situation, with the exact same people, having a conversation I had already heard. (Realizing it as it was taking place.) Dreams of accidents that took place at a future time, etc. etc.

This World is not all it seems.

• Options
    Midas132Midas132 Member Posts: 5

Oh dang. I bet you got some stories. Tell us a few of the more vivid experiences.

And yes I believe there are spirits or ghosts…

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭

I and several others while sitting in the living room would occasionally see a young boy in yellow pajamas walk from the hallway, through the dining room towards the kitchen. May have been an optical illusion from passing headlights but everyone who noticed it identified it as a boy in yellow. I never dug into it in any way.

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭

My mom was visited in the middle of the night by a cousin of mine and he told her that he was Okay and that they couldn't hurt him anymore. She said he was dressed in combat gear. A week later or so we learned he had been killed in Viet Nam.

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

They are very real.. been dealing with one for years.. doesn't really even bother me anymore...

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭

Our Lodge building was built in 1882 as a bank and the Masons bought it when the bank failed in the depression. While we're upstairs, we hear the front door open, then close and footsteps on the stairs. But no one is there. After we turn off the lights & leave, they come back on. I've gone back several times to turn the lights off, again.

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭

I have a ghost in my house , built 1806 by my ancestors .

She shows herself every once in a while . My cousin will not step foot in the house she terrified

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,282 ******
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭

No. I want to, but, like UFOs, there is no concrete evidence of their existence. I enjoy reading ghost stories, and I have written 3 which have been published. People like to be safely frightened, and scary movies and books provide that thrill.

• Options

Joe, you were a prison guard??? I did not know that. I don't know why, I just assumed you were in some trade or a Rancher.

• Options

I would love to read them. Where can someone obtain a copy of these publishing's???

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I have never seen a spirit but I know pretty sure they exist.

I have seen the effects of spirits for sure.

• Options
  • Options

Yes, for a few years way back when I just turned 21. Southwest joint, maximum security.

• Options
    bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Wow, fantastic story. I would like to experience something like that. Too cool.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,954 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I have also seen things move, that defy explanations, at the 1947 Chesstnut Cabin I used to live at, after divorcing up North. Greenwood Lake/West Milford NY/NJ. (Yes, literally right on the line.)

Got hit in the head by one. (Cardboard box.) Another was a stack of firewood by the woodstove, that had been there undisturbed for a while. It literally exploded across the living room (15' feet) while I was spending a quite evening in my fairly dark living room, watching TV not too far away. I just sat there numb. Not believing what i had seen. Many others.

Loved that place. It was not bad/negative energy.

• Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

I don't believe, sorry. But to each their own.

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭

In 2011 my dad a Medic WW2 passed away. Fluvanna County, Virginia had a dinner for the Old Vets. Of course dad was missing at this one. I was not aware of the dinner. I was standing at the back of my 2nd property down there facing the woods next to a barb wire fence. There were no leaves blowing in front of me but I felt a very strong breeze blowing on my neck. I can't explain it but I felt Dad's presence all around and behind me. I turned around and there was no one there. I turned back and i felt the breeze again all around me and on my neck. I turned again and there was a man standing about six feet away with a red rose in a clear vase in his hand. He said " We missed your Dad at the dinner today and knew that you were a Vet. We thought that you should have your Dad's rose".

There is no way that that man could walk over 300 yards line of sight from the road and get behind me in a few seconds the second time i turned around. He was the messenger.------------Ray

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Oakie, hope i am not hogging your topic and i will quit after this one told to me by my grandmother.

In 1950 my Uncle Jack age 17 was asleep in rear seat of 1938 Ford on the way home from state fair in Virginia. He was literally cut in half in auto accident. My grandparents almost died from grief, especially my grandmother.

Granny lost almost 1/3rd of her weight and took up smoking again. She claimed she went out side one night for a smoke in the moonlight about a year after Uncle Jacks accident and there was a bright light behind her and someone touched her shoulder. She believed it was a Angel sent from Heaven that told her she must stop smoking and grieving and God was watching over her. She came inside shaken and things started to get better. At 48 years old Granny and Grandpa at age 60 had another child. They gave him the same name as Jack #1.

I can barely remember Jack#1 now but Jack#2 is like a brother to me and is one of the best Mustang restorers in Virginia. --------Ray

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭

Nope. Eyewitness testimony is the least reliable evidence in any court.

• Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Me? I'm not sure about spirits, but I think it would be really cool if they do exist. However, eccentric cat wonk/guru/expert Jackson Galaxy is convinced cats can see spirits. Watching my own cats, I have no doubt they can see things I can't. Kind of spooky, at times. Spirits? Uhhhh....