In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Will This Pistol Brace be Banned? Airsoft?

Zebra 2.0Zebra 2.0 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

Just curious about this product called a "MAGNABRACE"

Was designed for the Airsoft industry and has a high-powered magnet attached to end. Has Velcro and telescopes and will attach to any AK-47 pistol etc. It's about half the size of a true telescoping pistol brace. Will this be banned?

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭

if not now, someday.......

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******

Are you asking us to read the minds of the ATF?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭

what I have heard any thing that has what they consider surface area to hold against your shoulder mounted to a pistol is out lawed

my understanding? you can have a pistol brace biut it has to be a gun with a 16" barrel and the extension tube that has to be their for th eguns operation has to the smooth round tube you cant use a a buffer tubed made to accept a stock or adjustment notches

I can not say how much I want to see the BATF slapped down on this dumb rule / law and what i have seem millions more fell the same way

some where the fact they are funded just another agency to enfore what congress made law and not allowed to make such calls and are servant's of the population ( us ) got lost big time

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

If it CAN be banned, it WILL be banned.

It's all about Incremental steps.

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

Technically NONE of the braces are banned, just the brace installed on a pistol is NOW an SBR(which coincidentally has to be REGISTERED).

You know that brace makes the pistol WAY more deadly (GREEN FONT).

Simply another way to build a list of gun owners, and another reason to legally do an unconstitutional search of your homes!

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭

what Mike said

my understanding righ now 😁 the new rule has confusing rules one sentence says just add a longer barrel the other said the brace has to made inoperable. it use to say destroyed but same thing . so if your allowed to put a longer barrel on a gun that means you can keep the brace although might as well use a normal stock

I heard one pod caster said they can not tell people to destroy a personal item with out paying for it . along with the dumb rule both are covered by our constitution and we should be compensated if we are told to make them useless or destroy them

JMHO they never paid any one for the bump fire stocks

so depending on wishie washie rule for sure you cant have it on a 'pistol" same with a buffer tube that allows its use

their is a lot of law suits being filed and even some congress members chiming in, I hope soon they get a ruling to kick the BATF right in the family jewels over it or at least some judge with a pair but a block on the rule until the SCOTUS get to rule on it