In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cardiac ?Heart attack? UPDATE

pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

Emt picked me up from home to go to emergery room.Intense chest pains sweating etc .Currently waiting on transfer to cardiac unit at Rex Heart center in Raleigh . That's where my cardiologist is . No evidence of a heart attack yet but need further testing that is not available here till Monday so we are transferring . Few prayers would be appreciated thanks guys

Thanks for all for the prayers!

At Rex Heart hospital in Raleigh . So far all test negative for heart attack but ekg shows some as yet undetermined problems . Most likely a stress test and or heart cath in the am . Will keep you posted. Always nice to have support from friends .again thanks

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 

Comments

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭

Praying for you

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers sent!!!

Get well

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers for wisdom for those treating you and peace for you and yours....

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******

prayers for you pulsarnc.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******

Oh damm. Prayers sent.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

prayers sent, hoping things go good for everyone involved......hope you don't have to join the zipper club

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers my friend. Been there, done that, 6 TIMES!!! No fun.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******

Prayers for a favorable outcome.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,385 ******

Prayers going out for full recovery.

• Options
    forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers ask ,,,,

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

I hope you are well!

Good call picking up the phone and getting help!

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭

Intense chest pains and sweating. Good indications of an MI. Are you also short of breath? Did you catch what the EKG said? Any PVCs? Normal Sinus Rhythm?

Hang in there it sounds like you are getting very good medical care.

• Options
    paul b looneypaul b looney Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

Glad you took it seriously. I'm scared thay one day I'm going to procrastinate the big one and wake up with Jesus. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Prayers and Good Thoughts coming your way @pulsarnc. Hang Tough, Brother.

I was at the VA this AM for a routine visit to my Cardiologist. Been awhile, since I've had an episode.

Mini-Stroke about a year and a half ago. Scary, because I knew what it was, while it was occurring.

My Heart condition leaves me (prior to medication control) 10X more likely to suffer a Stroke.

I feel for you Brother. May God Lay His Healing Hand Upon You.

- Ken -

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Do you have a gallbladder? A rotten one will mimic a heart attack. Ask me how I know.

And so will Pericarditis. Wife was having the symptoms of H attack, Medic's even had her choppered to hospital, $$$$$$$$.

Doctors could not figure it out then a student came by and talked with her. Guess what he was writing his thesis on?

Oh, and prayers in the works, they do work.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭

Done from us

Thank goodness you had the ability and thought to get to the hospital

Keeping you in our thought

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

You've got a lot of people here pulling for you Brother.

The Power of Prayer and Good Wishes/Thoughts, can not be overestimated. Very powerful stuff.

It has done wonders for me, from Forum Members over the years. (As I am sure, many others here as well.)

Let us know how you are doing, when you are able. Hoping you get a Cute Nurse, instead of Nurse Ratchet. 😁

• Options
    tnrangertnranger Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

Prayers from here. It's an odd feeling to look through your feet out the back window of the ambulance and see cars pulled off both sides of the road.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******

Praying all goes well for you and a quick recovery.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******

Good update considering what it couldve been. I think you caught a problem that they will be able to ID and treat.

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭

pulsarnc, Prayers for you. -----------------Ray

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭

best of luck

not trying to up stage you just a note to be safe and follow thru with the heart Cath for you best interest

when I was 47 yrs old ( I am now with in a couple months to 66 yrs old ) I was not feeling to well went to the doc he suggested I see a cardiologist just to be safe and my family history so I did , the doc ran all the test including stress test all came back good no sign of trouble

he said the only 100 % way to check is have a heart cath , he told me I would be wasting my time as nothing appeared wrong even bet me a cheese burger

a couple weeks later he was doing my heart cath . he walked into my room said your one lucky fellow you should have never passed any of the test especially a stress test your heart has a 98 to 99% blockage you could have or could go any minute . as in dead right now

and you cant go no where were going in 1st thing in the morning to do a by pass .

12 days later I got released if their was a problem that could happen it did .

but I am still above ground all the docs and nurses told me the same thing be glad for what ever reason you decided to get checked out the majority of people with that kind of blockage " widow maker " never know and they are dead before the hit the ground i had them do another heart cath several years ago thank goodness all clear with the exception of the original blockage )

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers sent....

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Ditch runner i understand what you are saying. My cardiologist is the head / director of the Rex heart center . 100% trust in his judgment . So we will see what happens

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭

Lord, Guide the Doctors hands and heal. Amen

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for letting us know. We're thinking of you & praying.

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

I passed the stress test with two completely blocked arteries and then had a massive heart attack two weeks later. I survived the widow maker twice. Dead for 4 minutes both times. Seven stents later, I feel great. Never had the chest pains, just pain in the side of my head and arm. The cath was the only way to tell what was going on. EKG shows nothing.