In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Way to go Kal 10 dead and at least that many wounded

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭

At a party suspect no description of course at large

I do fel Sorry for the innocent people

But with every gun banned people not allowed to carry how did this happen

Oh that's right bad guys don't follow laws

Got to wonder if any of the party goers had been allowed to carry would 20 plus people still be enjoying today

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I bet it will end up being sort sort of hate crime

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

They are looking for an Asian male, 30 - 40 yrs old, as the suspect. Said he went into another dance club 20 minutes later with a firearm and was disarmed before he could shoot anyone. Unfortunately, he managed to escape. Sadly, law abiding citizens are at the mercy of the lawless. No matter how many gun laws you have, the only ones who comply are the law abiding. The dems don't comprehend that criminals, by definition, ignore the law. Bob

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I've said this before, (but) you could do a lot more damage (if that is your intention) by throwing a 5 gal. Plastic Gas can with a road flare duct taped to the side of it, through the front door.

It's not the gun. It is the intent.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Gun haters call it gun violence, it is not gun violence, a gun might be used in the crime but it is still a crime of one men man hating another. As above anything can be used to murder others.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭

Justice should be swift, certain, and evenly applied while what the POS did is still on peoples minds and in the news.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,669 ******

Take my hunting rifle. That'll stop all this violence. Not!

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

An update - suspect dead from self-inflected gunshot. Yes - I know the source is CNN - but it wouldn't make any difference which news agency broadcast the law enforcement update,

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2023/01/23/sheriff-monterey-park-shooting-suspect-sot-vpx.cnn

Best Regards - AQH

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭

For the first day, the Dem politicians said it had to be charged as a hate crime.

Now they know the shooter was asian, could an asian be charged with a hate crime for killing asians?

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭

Well, he seems to have hated his ex-wife, so...

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭

By Morgan Winsor

The night was winding down after a Lunar Near Year celebration at the Lai Lai Ballroom & Studio in Alhambra, California, on Saturday, when Brandon Tsay heard the front door click close behind him.

"That's when I turned around and saw that there was an Asian man holding a gun. My first thought was I was going to die here, this is it," Tsay, 26, told ABC News' Robin Roberts during an interview Monday on "Good Morning America."

Tsay, who helps run the dance hall with his family, said the gunman was "looking around the room" as if he was "looking for targets -- people to harm."

"He started prepping the weapon and something came over me," Tsay recalled. "I realized I needed to get the weapon away from him. I needed to take this weapon, disarm him or else everybody would have died."

"When I got the courage, I lunged at him with both my hands, grabbed the weapon and we had a struggle," he added. "We struggled into the lobby, trying to get this gun away from each other. He was hitting me across the face, bashing the back of my head."

Tsay said he used his elbows to separate the gun from the suspect during the struggle until, finally, he was able to pull the weapon away and shove the man aside. Tsay said he then pointed the gun at the suspect and shouted: "Get the hell out of here! I'll shoot! Get away! Go!"

"I thought he would run away, but he was just standing there contemplating whether to fight or to run," Tsay recalled. "I really thought I would have to shoot him and he came at me. This is when he turned around and walked out the door, jogged back to his van. I immediately called police with the gun still in my hand."

Tsay did not know it at the time but would later learn that this same man -- identified by authorities as 72-year-old Huu Can Tran -- had allegedly opened fire at another dance studio in nearby Monterey Park about 20 minutes earlier, killing at least 10 people and wounding 10 others.

The Lai Lai Ballroom & Studio's surveillance cameras captured the struggle between Tran and Tsay. Tsay told ABC News that he has bruising all over his body from the incident, including across his nose and the back of his head.

"I was shaking all night. I couldn't believe what happened," he said. "A lot of people have been telling me how much courage I had to confront a situation like this. But you know what courage is? Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to have adversity to fear when fearful events happen such as this."

"In crises like this, the people need courage, especially the victims, their friends, their families," he added. "My heart goes out to everybody involved, especially the people in Star Dance Studio and Monterey Park. I hope they can find the courage and the strength to persevere."

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

Kudos to Brandon for stepping up and saving possibly another 10 people. I wonder how many just stood and watched the struggle? Evil is everywhere and vigilance and action when called for is the only way of defeating it. Bob