In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ridiculous auction prices

DerBarbarianDerBarbarian Member Posts: 289 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

I'm sure this isn't the first time it's been mentioned, but man I was looking at current & completed auctions for a rifle I'm trying to sell just to get an idea of what they're going for and man I spotted a couple that were absolutely off the wall. Obviously I'm not going to post them, but there was one in particular that I saw where he's asking $8-10,000 for a stock rifle with a basic optic that's worth at most $2,000, maybe $2,400 if I'm being generous. I checked out another one of their auctions that's going for over 10k, for a rifle worth maybe $800-$1,000 with a $3,000 optic on it. I've seen several others like that and it just blows my mind. I don't know if they legitimately think that it's worth that much, or if they're hoping that someone devoid of knowledge bids on it. It costs $$ to start an auction on GB, so I just don't get why you would post something for such a ridiculous price knowing that the chances of it selling are slim to none.

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******

It actually costs nothing to start a Gunbroker auction, unless extra-cost options are requested. The cost comes at the end of the auction, the final value fee.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******

lais·sez-faire

/ˌlesāˈfer/

noun

1. a policy or attitude of letting things take their own course, without interfering.
    2. "a laissez-faire attitude to life"

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******

From the forum posting guidelines:

"Complaints or criticism about GunBroker.com, its staff, its policies, or any buyer or seller on that site. If you have a problem with an auction transaction use the auction feedback system and/or contact tech support."

• Options
    fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Hornaday 25 grain 17 cal - Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com : 966173433

Here's an UNBELIEVABLE one. Buyer paid almost 75 cents APIECE for 17cal 25gr Hornady boolits. l'm not complaining🤑

I'm just sad l cant afford them😕

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Lotsa people are idiots and aren’t effective at listing. They hope to get pie in the sky theoretically perfect prices.

also idiots post crap hoping to appease their wife or whatever. Look I’m trying to sell. But aren’t seriously trying to move item.

what model caused this complaint? Weird things get hot. The recent sold prices are the most relevant things when deciding how to list something

there are a couple sellers who make a living with bs. I.e. turnkey overstock Navy seal fbi hrt sniper rifle with optic and case But they are tools who prey on losers who aren’t competent at buying and knowing what they need.

relists shouldn’t be free , imho.

This discussion has been closed.