In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HS Supermatic Citation Military

rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Ask the Experts

Found a High Standard Supermatic Citation Military. Finish is bright with little wear, at least 90%+. Haven't scoped the bore, but I will do that next visit. Only one magazine. They are asking $800. The only downside is it has right handed target grips and I am left handed. Is this something to consider? Thank you,

Comments

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

If I remember correctly the thumb piece is not user friendly to a lefty. I think you will have to replace the grips, or buy a used set and eliminate the the protusion. Good luck.

• rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭

What type of accuracy is typical? With the bull barrel, I'm inclined to believe these were used primarily for target shooting.

• John J StimsonJohn J Stimson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

You asked advice without providing sufficient information for a thoughtful answer.

The Supermatic Citation military was produced in the 106, 107, and 108 design series. Values generally vary with series.

Accuracy of these guns will not hamper your scores.

• PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I have owned and shot a High Standard Supermatic Citation Military Model 106 with 7-1/4 in fluted barrel since about 1969. It always shot better than I could, used it extensively for NRA style 50 foot indoors target shooting. Feeding and function always reliable; a good crisp trigger with some small range of adjustment; good iron sights easily adjustable; easy take-down for routine cleaning. I have used only the right-hand shooter thumb-rest stocks, never felt the need for anything else. A lefty will likely need aftermarket stocks. I was always able to shoot competitively with this pistol. I know the prices have increased a lot for one in very good condition, but I don't know if anything that shoots as well can be purchased for less. I have owned other .22 target pistols. always came back to my High Standard for competitive use.