In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Different trip to the hospital

bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

Comments

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I went to the hospital for pre-op testing for my back surgery next week, I had just been there last week and the atmosphere was casual and relaxed, well not now. It was like the TSA at the international airport. First I had to empty my pockets into a plastic tray, walk through the metal detector and the get hand scanned again after that, I asked the school bus sized armed security guard why the tight security to which he replied "just new security policy".

When I was getting my EKG I asked the nurse about the "enhanced" security and she said that a 76 year old woman had shot and killed her husband (who was a patient there) in his hospital bed just two days earlier. Seems the husband was terminal and they had a made a murder/suicide pact so one would not have to live without the other when the dreaded time came.

well, she did her part ............... except after shooting her husband, she couldn't shoot her self, instead, she held up in his hospital room for some time before being talked out by a police negotiator.

Now all local hospitals have the same measures in place. What a screwed up world we live in.

I sort of feel bad for the woman, not only will she be without her husband, she will be spending the rest of her life in prison starting at 76 years old and end up in hell for her efforts.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,541 ✭✭✭✭

I read about that a few days back

Terrible in so many ways

Again peope should have a choice to peacefully end there own life or have a living will that states put me under I am terminal and no longer want to suffer and not forced into such pacts of suicide

The first murder suicide I remember was a really nice old couple in the same neighborhood a few houses away from mom and dad's

Long story but the wife was in real bad shape and had lost her sight she was a burden on her husband but like all he did best he could then he got cancer and stacked on more issues to rhe breaking point

So one day he just shot her then himself

That was mid to late 1970's

Both were great people he was along time hunter and like to tell us kids when we were younger his adventures I am sure him and his wife chose the option to go sad bit again the only choice they felt they had

his kids were grown by then also but they too were good people

• roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Sad part is he was terminal ?

I will bet on a hung jury. Some juror will be sympathetic with their vote

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭