In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yep, that will save our soldiers…..

FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in General Discussion

The genius of senior leadership shining through again…… military suicide rates couldn’t be related to the constant deployments, toxic climate, or lack of healthcare/mental health resources, or the fact that some junior personnel don’t make enough money to stay off of welfare. Nooooo….. couldn’t be those things. It MUST be the guns sold at the PX! They’re the real problem.

These people are so out of touch. Truly scary.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-panel-recommends-bases-stop-selling-guns-troops-under-25-fight-suicides

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

I read part of that last night

I Agree with a few of the comments i read last night . blame the gun easier than finding the real reasons dame with all the shootings and crime

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******

As a member I replied. As staff, I deleted that reply and gave a warning.

• Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭

Hmm....I must have missed something last night.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,348 ******

@montanajoe being on staff takes all the fun out of postings at times....

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Senior leadership should focus on their mission instead of trying to appease the woke and Biden administration. That would improve the morale of the troops that matter most. Then give additional pay to 5he real trigger pullers, fighters , and technicians

how bout this., our military and state department shouldn’t change focus or become anti us just because we get a “woke “president?

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭

From what I understand many of the senior enlisted are not looking out and standing up for the junior and mid grade enlisted.There were some of those types there many years ago when I was in but the majority would go to bat for us if we needed them to.Talking to some of the younger troops I understand why the retention rate is so low.

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

I agree. All deserve our respect and compensation. I coulda phrased it better. But the most valuable should get a glimpse of their private sector comp