In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pacific super magnum loader

vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭

HI all, I had a friend ask me about a "Pacific Super Magnum" reloader today and if i knew anyone that could find one or could point him in the right direction to finding one. He did mention that the Pacific reloader manufacturing company went out of business about 40 years ago. Any help/thoughts will be appreciated and as always, thanks in advance


  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭

    I had a progressive Pacific shotgun press years ago, and if memory serves me right they had their own dies and bushings, they weren't interchangable with mec or lee, and because of this parts are hard to find. I ended up selling it and getting a mec 600jr. almost every shop has parts or can get them. I would tend to point him in that direction and away from the pacific unless he is looking for one for parts. good luck

  • vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭

    He gave me the impression that the loader in question was a progressive type of loader for rifle or pistol. I have looked at about a zillion shot gun loaders from the Pacific tool company but can't find any that fits the criteria he has given, that's why i turned to you guys to see if you can shed any light on this. Thanks for the reply hillbille, i did not give a complete description at first

  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 55,508 ******

    Also post up what you're looking for in the 'Wanted Ad' forum;

    Want Ads (NO 'FOR SALE' or 'FOR TRADE') — Member Forums

  • vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭

    thanks joe, will do

  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

    I haven't ever seen a Pacific Super Magnum Press - but there is a Pacific Super Deluxe Press. I believe it is a cast press and has the word "Super" on the side of the press.

    Best Regards - AQH

  • vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭

    i saw that AQH, he has a picture of the super magnum and it has holes for three dies to go in at once in the top of the device and it looks like a person would move the round from station to station beneath the correct die as he were loading, got me ????????????

  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

    Sounds like a turret press. Hornady took over Pacific years ago and have moved away from most of their designs.

    If your guy wants a turret press, he can get one from Lyman or Redding.

Sign In or Register to comment.