In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

To My GB Forum Family

2»

Comments

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

As long as they are remembered they are not gone, but are alive, and live within are heart. Again I’m sorry for your loss.

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry for your loss

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

God Bless you Brother. My heart bleeds for you.

I still say, you need to go get yourself a rescue dog. (Doesn't have to be a puppy.) Call him "Willy," and remember your little one everytime you say the name. As you know, nothing can give you unconditional Love like a good dog. (Especially a Rescue dog. They just seem to "Know.") Take a dog out of a bad situation. Having one to love on, pet and hug, will do you both wonders.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hope i am not being a nuisance by extending thread some. My son/daughter/grandson and I are all devastated over Willies passing. Picture was before Diane got really bad off. The little blue blanket that Willie is laying on was my 18 year old grandsons when he was a infant. Willie had been sleeping on it every night for 11 years.

My son says the only thing that makes Willies passing bearable for him is that Willie left us because Diane needed him in Heaven. Son

is a ME Grad from WVU. He is smarter than me.

My daughter stayed all day with me the day after Willie passed away and i gave her the blue blanket to give to my Grandson. He was overwhelmed. ------------------------Ray

edited March 2023

When they cut my chest open and fixed my heart I was so weak I almost could not make it in the house after operation. Willie was so happy to see me and followed me to sofa in TV room. He knew he could not lay in my lap so he cuddled up to my swollen feet. It was like "I will protect you Pa. and make you feel better." I could feel his warmth and strength going to my heart. I thought if this is so important to Willie some how i will survive for him. ------------------------Ray

Couple of Willie pictures not long ago. ---------------Ray

Ray, don't worry about extending the thread. We all want to hear from you, see photo's and grieve with you.

Yes, Willy is now with Diane. I like that. 👍

Breakfast in bed at my daughters! -----------------Ray

• Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭✭

Willie was a good dog. I hope he gets to play with my old Nina. Here's a picture of here doing what she loved the most:

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

edited March 2023

Willie always got last sip of coffee after supervising my Winchester restorations. -----------Ray

Willie and his favorite blanket.------------------Ray

edited March 2023

When our dog Max passed away many years ago Diane and i started to search for another dog after a couple of years. i took her to shelters all over and each time I had to bring Diane home crying with no success. I remember once we found a Jack Russel at a shelter close by. We started to sign papers and Diane started to cry again so i brought her home. At this point I stopped searching for a dog so I gave up. Then a couple years later I saw that the Long island Shelter was bringing dogs to Middletown, NY for adaption. We went up and got in line to sign papers for a little Beagle. Another little boy maybe 5or6 behind us with his mother started to sign papers on same dog as us. He was really excited. Diane started to cry and said take me home that little boy wants our dog. On the way home Diane said " I don't ever want to look at dogs again". It was obvious to me she would never get over Max's passing so I gave up.

Fast forward: A couple years later sitting at my computer i ran across a Toy Fox Terrior breeder way the other side of Scranton, Pa. a full 2+ hours from my house. I called the breeder and he still had "Willie". Told him I will call you right back and again it was a no-go with Diane so i called breeder.

A week later I came out to parking lot after food shopping by myself. I sat there for a

eternity and finally called Lee the breeder again. I said do you still have Willie and can i please come look at him? He said " I just knew you would call back and yes you can come to look at him tomorrow AM. I promise i won't sell him before you get here".

At 5AM the next morning I left some stupid note on the kitchen table about going to look at a gun near Scranton. When I arrived at Lee's place Willie and his sister ran over to me and Willie jumped up and started kissing me. When i arrived home I gave Willie some water and Diane was just getting up and coming downstairs. She saw Willie in my arms and started to weep. i handed Willie to Diane and he must have kissed her 50 times. She held him for at least a hour and would not let go of him.

The picture of Willie was taken about a week before I picked him up. -----------------Ray

edited March 2023

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drove me nuts but i finally turned this picture. Originally saved to my pictures from e-mail. i guess GB software did not like that. I deleted picture and resaved as a Thumbnail.

I guess if you keep shooting and get enough "Magee's Drawers" you will get one on the paper. Dumb Luck 😀 --------------------------Ray

You and Willie obviously have the connection going Ray.

I have that same connection with my dog, Buddy.

It is hard to explain, but it's There for anyone to see.

I'm really sorry about your little Willie. He was indeed a special dog for you. You will meet again. I am a firm believer in that Sir.

(Again,) Very Sorry for your Loss, Sir.

Thank you Ken. i am having a real hard time of it since Willie passed away. ------------Ray

I can only imagine, Sir.

I would be absolutely devastated losing Buddy.

We're here for you Brother. Lean on us.

• Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

That's the one of the best stories Ray.

And as Ken said "lean on us"

I love the picture of Diane and Willy best. There together now. I'm wiping tears.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭

Sent from here.

edited March 2023

A few kisses from my little "Willie" before above picture was taken. Still trying to turn that picture. ----------------------Ray

Update: I finally outsmarted myself. Dumb Luck!

• bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

That is rough. Sad day when your buddy passes on.