In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Worst single storm of the season,,,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Woke up to a foot of new snow, and it's still coming down hard. Good gosh.

Comments

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

Joe, love the Big Sky but you can keep the snow. --------------------------Ray

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

We have been getting hit also today since about 3 AM this morning. Supposed to keep up until around midnight tonight. So far, about 8" of heavy wet stuff on the ground. Total predicted to be about a foot.

Sunday forecast calls for mid 40's and sunshine!

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Kimber doesnt know rather to love it or hate it. She loves to run in it until it bogs her down or she has to potty. It is up to her shoulders or more in places.

• Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭

It's very cold and rainy here.... Out of the ordinary for the end of March for us.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭

Joe, if Kimber is your wife, that's impressive! LOL

We got it yesterday. About six inches here in Ogden. TV report this morning said Alta ski resort went over 700" total since October 1. They measure only when they're open, which will end in April. By then, it is likely they'll have 800" and more could fall after they stop measuring.

So far this month, I have recorded 4.5" of water equivalent from snow and the last storm hasn't melted yet. With more coming all next week, I'm sure to see at least 6" of water this month. That's HUGE. It amounts to a third of my annual rainfall.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like we’ll have plenty of irrigation water this summer ,,,,,, I live 60 mi west of Gunnison ,,,,,

Calling for 4 feet by midnight. I'm over it.

• discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭

MSU was supposed to come over for a track meet at the UM in Missoula. heard the team bus couldn't even get out of the parking lot. my high school did have a meet, cold low 30s intermittent snow/drizzle. no accumulation tho.

edited March 2023

Usually you guys get it and send us the leftovers. I got over a foot and still coming down. Bozeman got had up to 30 inches this morning, and still coming down.

We all knew they were calling for snow, but my gosh, it musta really cut loose overnight (obviously did).

Next thing to come is when this all does melt. Flooding.

I'm sure ready for 50-60 temps, but we will need a slow, gradual melt off.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

We hardly got anything up this way, a few lazy flakes that didn't add anything to what's on the ground.

We should be pushing 60 degrees for daily highs, but the forecast for this week says 48 max. That's really good news because it'll be the slow melt we must have. More snow coming, too, but only a few inches.

One of our ski resorts already has over 700 inches total for the winter, and by May it might top 800. If we have a sudden change of temps, that will mean catastrophic flooding.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

Joe, I love snow, but as I get older, I can't wait to live in the south, with no snow or cold weather. Look forward to fishing and hunting where it is warm. In south Jersey, we can go from 28 degrees one day, to mid 60's the next. Hate it here.

Well, we just got six more inches of "occasional flurries."

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

@Oakie That's why we settled in the foot hills on the eastern side of the Appalachian Mtns. in Va. Yes, we get winter with the change of seasons. But it's a mild winter & generally 10 degrees warmer than Jersey with spring in March, not April. On the flip side, we don't get the summer heat like at the coast or further south.

I can't imagine the amount of snow our GB Brothers are getting in the north. You must have some serious snow removal equipment. It seems like the engine barely cools off & your running it again.

Don't know about the North. (I think the eastern border of civilization is Cheyenne, Wyoming.)

But out West this has been a winter where you don't actually shut the snow blower off. Just let it idle until you need it again - which isn't long.

• jesnlsnjesnlsn Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Joe that’s crazy we are 100 mi southwest of you and we got maybe an inch!!! Maybe the bitter roots Blocked it but rare for us to get nothing and you to get over a foot !!

did this front come down from Canada that is giving you all the moisture ?

The guys north of us, Missoula, Kalispell, report little snow also. I don't know where this front came from.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

@forgemonkey, had no idea where you were Brother. One of the most beautiful places I have been and Skied, was Crested Butte, (North of you.) Flew into Gunnison. Just beautiful. Flew back East sitting beside "Maryanne," from Gilligans Island. She was a Sweetheart. 👍😁

(That woulda been in roughly 1995.)

Beautiful Country you live in Brother. Envious.

• Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭

We had a beautiful but cold day, bracing for a bad storm to blow in maybe tonight.

(We are in Northern California 80 miles from the Oregon border).

God be with us all.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭

Dawn Wells... She was a sweet soul inside and out. R.I.P.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain