In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am not looking forward to 04/01/2023

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

It is not going to be fools day here unless you go outside, if you do you are most likely a fool. We are expecting damaging winds for the second Saturday in a row. I already have shingle damage from last Saturday and it it raining hard here today. I hope the underlayment tar paper protects my house from water damage until I can get someone out here to replace the damaged parts of my roof. Tomorrow is not going to be fun in Southern Ohio and a large part of West Virginia.

Comments

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck, Im gonna be on the Northern edge of this crap.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭

got things tied down here also bruce. Had a new metal roof put on last year, it survived last week, hope it does tomorrow also......

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

Little Rock and Wynne Arkansas got hit today by tornado

last I heard it was headed in to Tennessee

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭

The internet has me scared lol

The alphabet group is threatening gun owners and the right protest suppose to be on the 1st ?

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,992 ******
  • Options
    edited April 2023

I read they called off the protest under a credible rumor of not going to go well for them

As for the storms we have a lot of warnings and watches tonight and in the morning

Good luck to all

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

Hope everyone in the weather's harm's way suffer no losses or damage! We had a walloping big thunderstorm during the night that came with high winds and torrential rain. My wife informed me of this news, as I slept through it all.

• Options

I just read 20k + with out power here in Ohio in our area

Clear an calm right now hope it stays that way but forecast doesn't agree

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭

Our power went out last night in the middle of the storm. We had tornado watches, severe thunderstorm warnings and a LOT of lightning and high winds. At one point it sounded like the roof was going to blow off.

Joe

• Options

Well, there was some lightning last night and some blowing rain. Right now it is sunny with a light breeze. The winds will soon start to pick up. I have everything I can think of battened down and ready for the big blow that is coming to us real soon. I am saddened to hear of the tornados that hit and caused so much death, injury and destruction. Mother nature is the boss and she lets us know it in the most violent ways. May God have mercy on all in this storms path.

• Options

Well it is time for an update. Mother nature is starting to huff and puff, my guess is the gusts are hitting 25 or so MPH and building. DRAT!

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******

Very windy here in SW Virginia but so far, not as windy as the predicted.

• Options

Right now 3:30 pm Sleet and 25 mph winds possibe 50 mph at times

Tornado touched down about 30 miles south of us last night

Still thousands with out power

So far we have been lucky

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

same here bruce, we get a gust everynow that last about 5-10 minutes then back to slight wind , but for the most part not as bad as last week, though during those "gusts" my flagpole was bent about 20-30 degrees, and I took the flags off!!!!!!! they are still calling for 60 mph gusts till 8:00 pm...