In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Washington State Residents - Your new Weapons Ban

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

I have written to a Washington State Newspaper noting that the idiocy coming out of Olympia as represented by the soon to be signed weapons ban is why I left the state in 2020.

Please do not sit on your hands. It is important to note that the Washington State Constitution, Article 1, Section 23 (The Right to Bear Arms) states the following:

“The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired”

Your Representatives and Senators, and of course the joke you have as governor, are directly in conflict with this very simple statement in your Constitution. It does not take a rocket surgeon to understand that eliminating ARs and AKs will impair your ability to defend the state, not to mention yourselves.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin

Totally agree, Don.

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Olympia is filled with tyrant snakes. Only way this gets overturned is Judge Benitez has his ruling and this eventually makes it to the Supreme Court. I see a lot of gun shops closing over this. I also see the few gun manufacturers left in WA leaving.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited April 2023

Sad times for the once great state. Don, it is also one the main reasons I left too. That and the tyrannical rule regarding a cold virus.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I knew it was time to leave some 5 years ago, Randy when the people in WA, including those in Spokane County voted in two gun control laws. We bought a home in Idaho in 2017, and on the day Inslee instituted his first Covid restriction, put our home in WA on the market and left. Politics can change, but when Eastern WA took that big turn to the left, the writing on the wall became reality. I still have ties to WA, and will continue to support the GOA and the CCRKBA as they fight this, but there is no place for me when my neighbors have shown their stripes.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******

Yeah, the writing has been on the wall, I just couldn't act as quickly as you were able to. I still have a fair number of family and friends that live there. I feel sorry for them.

At least one person I know there bought all kinds of guns and magazines before they were banned, for the sole reason that they knew they wouldn't be able to buy them soon (and moving isn't really on the radar). One of them hadn't even been much of a gun guy prior, and now he has just about one of everything that was legal prior to the latest madness.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Just heard some good news today. Jay Inslee isn’t going to run for a 4th term. But I imagine our idiot Attorney General Bob Ferguson who is even more rabidly anti gun will try to take his place. There hasn’t been a Republican Governor in WA since 1984 and that probably won’t change.