In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tucker Carlson is out at Fox News

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Not sure how it went down but it looks like Fox News let Tucker go.

I'm not the biggest Tucker fan out there but I did like most of his content. Not sure what this means for Fox ratings, because I know he's uber popular, but I suspect they're generally going to tank.

And I'm pretty sure Hannity's show ratings were riding Tucker's coat tails, primarily.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

FOX stock down 4% right now. I wonder what happened? Did it have to do with the Dominion case?

In any case, Tucker is a talented guy, he will do something else and be just fine.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

Did it have to do with the Dominion case? I was wondering the same thing, was it part of the settlement?

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Don Lemon was fired too. Dan Bongino now Tucker Carlson. I can see the BLAZE picking up some talent in the near future. Don Lemon will fit right in as a used buy -here-pay-here car sales puke.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

You can bet your Bippy, it was due to the Dominion case and Tucker running his Big Mouth.

"Elections have Consequences." Yes, Tucker - they do, So does Lying to your Audience, about them.

The "Private," E-mails disclosed in the Dominion discovery, were damning. Tucker was shown to be a two faced lying Weasel. He got what he deserved, IMHO.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Murdoch is a big Trump fan and controlled all of the pro- trump reporting. Tucker went along with it but a lot of his past memos and emails have come out lately from when the Dominion and other election fraud conspiracies were being reported. Turns out Tucker doesn't like Trump and didn't believe the stuff he was reporting. I used to like him too, but it shows a real lack of character to report Murdoch's opinions as if they were his own. He must have wanted to keep his job real bad to do such an unprincipled thing. Because of that, I won't miss him. Bob

Edited to add; I just read where CNN fired that wacko Don Lemon today as well. Perhaps cable news is trying to increase their perception of having at least a small amount of integrity.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭

I would imagine there may be one or two at Fox News and perhaps one at FBN who are looking over there shoulder right about now.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Not so sure about FOX giving him the boot though. I just heard a commercial for Tucker's show tonight. If FOX was going to give him the boot, why would they still be advertising for his show? I think maybe he told them to go pound sand.

• Options

3/4 of a Billion $$ Settlement? (Because) They knew they were going to lose and having their "Star," personalities sworn under Oath to tell the Truth on the stand, would have been very bad for them.

A lose/lose situation.

I kinda figured some Heads were gonna Roll.

(And) They have. The 1st of a few, IMHO.

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭

Truth speakers aren’t controllable and have to be fired. Fox News is cnn2. Anything owned by black rock has to be sanitized

• Options

Tucker was proven to be a Liar, and a two faced Weasel in the Dominion Lawsuit E-mail expose of the various E-mails sent throughout Fox News. (By him and others.)

Fox Corp. Settled because they knew they were about to have all their "Stars " on public display, and proven to be Liars.

Mike Lindell, will be the next to follow suit.

Where is your "Black Rock," affiliations Proof?

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to hear Carlson's full explanation regarding the reported excerpts from his emails, what he actually said, and how he justifies what he reported and/or repeated.

Did not watch his show very often, but he seemed to come across as an intelligent guy, and the few times I did see him, he was entertaining.

Fox has not spent a whole lot of time reporting on the lawsuit story, and I will always take what comes out of the rest of them with a grain of salt.

There is more to this, I believe, but with the large settlement agreed to by Fox, there may not be a lot more.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options

You will never "hear Carlson's full explanation regarding the reported excerpts from his emails, what he actually said, and how he justifies what he reported and/or repeated."

It's just not going to happen.

He is a Lying, two faced Weasel, caught in mid sentence, Lying. Doh...................................................🤔

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭

He and Don Lemon should put a new show together. Both have the time.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder how much of what these guys/gals say.......is actually SCRIPTED for them repeat on air......or how much is their own opinion. 🤔

• Options

You lied, you've been lying, you've been caught Lying.

Tucker had only ONE consideration, (IMHO) his 6-7 figure Salary. ($$)

Beyond that, anything coming out of his mouth, is Suspect.

Bye Felicia.......................................................................................................

*To paraphrase a quote from Tombstone,

"Well,..........................................................................................................................Bye."

• Options
    edited April 2023

Unfortunately, it isn't just him. I recall the news shows of my youth, like Cronkite, Huntley Brinkley and others lying about various things like Vietnam. Now instead of the three major news networks that we had back then, we have a bunch plus all of the internet sources. To compete and get viewers they have all devolved into a National Enquirer style of journalism. Fox and Newsmax are catering to the right and CNN and MSNBC are fighting over the viewers from the left. They think they only way to come out on top is to sensationalize or make up the type of news their viewers want.

I can't wait to hear them report that Elvis is working in a gas station in Kalamazoo and is a second amendment supporter as well as being transgender. I shouldn't joke about that because some news guy will see it and it will be front and center on the news tomorrow. After all if someone said it on the internet, it must be true! Bob

• Options
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Well to maintain his audience and thus his 10 million dollar salary, he publicly supported Trumps election fraud theories on air even though privately he told colleagues that he didn't believe they were true. Wanted a Fox news reporter fired for fact checking Trump because it could lose them viewers. So basically his public persona was just the opposite of his private persona in order to keep his viewers. Seems kinda two faced to me. I'm sure he is not the first or only news commentator that knowingly lies to maintain his ratings. Kinda sad, ain't it? Bob

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******

Never cared much for Tucker. Don Lemon, I can not stand him.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Blackrock/Vanguard own the majority of Fox and Dominion..so basically they sued themselves and won..so..787 Million tax free... good deal if you ask me.. that's why they're Rich.. and we're not..so...have a nice night...

• Options
    mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

I must say that I watched Tucker a lot. He almost always had video to back up his stories (or comments if you will). Seems like the other commentators just had other paid spokespeople collaborate their comments, but no video or proof. It is kind of like the poster that states something to the effect that we really haven't got any more conspiracy theories because they are all coming true!

There will now be nowhere on TV to get anything even remotely related to any true news :(

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
  • Options

There's not a lot of context there to make any good decisions one way or another. It's entirely possible Tucker didn't like the Covid response. I know I didn't and voted for Trump twice. He lost a lot of my support after that.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

It's some interesting math to sue yourself for nearly 800 million, win, and think you made money on the transaction.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭

I tried to think of a polite way of saying that but what I was going to write would have given you cause to use Mr. Christian's Ban Hammer.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭

Tucker is worth millions. I hope whatever he does next is something he really wants to do regardless of what it pays

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,673 ******

They could replace him with Tucker Fredrickson, but he's like 80 years old.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

like my wife and I were saying he has millions he made off the show

he could start his own pod cast on th internet channels if he wanted to keep the money rolling in

of in reality could never do a thing rest of his life and just enjoy all the money he has made i don't see that happening though