In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt SAA 32-20 SR # 26066XX

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

What is DOM & value in Average used condition with Pearl grips w/small.. chip on one grip ?

Comments

• Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

can't help with DOM but search out the colt website , you can probably find that there.

? average used condition ? dings, scrapes, percentage of finish remaining, bore condition, grayed metal, pitting , only you can see the firearm at this time.

then with given parameters who knows ,1,000./1500. / 2500. a lot more? Only detailed pics can get you anywhere near average selling/buying prices. search G/B or other sites to find something comparable that has been sold, and guesstimate from there.

good luck,

• Options
    JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I'm sorry, but "average used condition" won't get you very far in finding help with value. Colt collectors are fastidious about original condition.

And making it more difficult, the revolver is considered modern by law (1910s off the top of my head), but is also sought after by collectors of antique colt's (pre-1899). So when one describes such a firearm (good, very good, excellent, etc.) are they using the modern firearm grading system or the antique grading system? There is a lot of difference between the two.

EDIT: I just noticed you have too many digits for a First Generation SAA. Serial number 26066XX would be in the 2,600,000 range. Colt didn't make that many! So what's the correct number, or does the XX represent "SA", which would be a Second Generation.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭

Colt's website the serial number came back to a 1911 so as the above poster stated it is wrong. Look it up on Colt's website.