In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

When do you think school shootings is just going to stop

I think the whole cause of school shootings could be coming from the home training also a lot of bullying now it's going on instead of back in the old days where you square up and fold it out and brush it off get back up and you live again now things has really changed also not only kids but grown folks walking in and shooting up the schools shopping centers so it could be a person's mindset not in the right mind frame what do you think

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

how did the post office stop the shootings back in the 80's? seems every week or two some employee was shooting up a post office somewhere. Did they just change to schools???????

until we go back to locking up the crazy people instead of letting them just run the streets it will never end. and just to be clear locking them up will not CURE the problem, but it would put a big dent in it along with locking up regular criminals, a person has to know there is a penalty for what they do wrong or there is no reason not to do it.....

• Options
    M. T. SECURITY M. T. SECURITY Member Posts: 2

Yes I totally agree with that locking up crazy folks and for their actions instead of just letting them out like shooting up churches and nail spas don't even make no sense just killing people for no reason don't even know what to do with a gun and that affects us CWI holders that enjoy our gun rights so yes I truly agree with that awesome comment hillbillie

• Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

When society as a whole condemns violence.

When did getting paddled at school change from a family disgrace to proof the offender is a bad dude?

Remember "He's not bad, just misunderstood!"?

What about the erosion of personal responsibility?

I was expected to look up to presidents like Eisenhower -- then came Nixon and Clinton.

As a retired teacher I've got stories about the abject failure of "alternative punishment", "Helicopter parents" and administrative bungling.

For me the only course of action is turning down my sensitivity.🙄

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

In the short term, the prevention is the school equivalent of Rooftop Koreans. Protect kids the way politicians protect themselves.

Longer term is more complex, but it involves a radical change in how we raise kids.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭

What Dave said.

Joe

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,043 ✭✭✭✭

I am saddened that some people are so evil that they target children

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

First of all that they were bullied may have something to do with it... Teachers are no longer in charge. And from what I read they are just as unbalanced.

But, I believe that the problem is lack of parental oversight. Kids know longer play outside or work and spend time playing video games teaching them to kill and programming them.

Thank the Lord they are gone, but we had neighbors nice people, but they had two sons and because of their disability (autistic) they were scared to death of COVID, and wouldn't really leave the house. By the time they moved the oldest was very mentally unstable and making online threats to young women who weren't talking to him. And what did he do with his time? Playing video games... And shooting his bow and arrows.😳

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

If Democrats and those not registered to vote would stop shooting up schools, there would be zero problem.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Many parents have quit raising their children (many never even tried) the schools are forced to try and raise those kids but their hands are tied on what they can and cant do. Often the schools end up being daycare centers babysitting and feeding these unruly, thug kids.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Few things I've noticed:

I've noticed that very few of them people that want to shoot someone or shoot up a place do not do so at GUN Shows. Duh, wonder why.

As Archie Bunker said: "To stop Airplane Hi-Jacking instead of taking guns away from passengers the airlines should give everyone boarding the plane a loaner airlines gun.

Them crazy people do not like to go to places where they know people can immediately shoot back.

I've also noticed that Law Enforcement Officers (LEO's) do not really carry guns to protect you, they carry guns to protect themselves.

I've also noticed the news media say, the officers got to the scene fast, they were there within 3 min's. Look at your watch and imagine you are being shot at for even 2 min's and you cannot defend yourself, have no way of shooting back, not even allowed in several places to have a knife, It will seem like days.

AND I prefer to not go into them places that have the signs that say no guns allowed.

That type sign is just inviting the crazies to come in for target practice.

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭

The police are hamstrung due to recent verdicts against those that shoot a suspect. All started with BLM scenario. Carried WAY too far and has ruined the police keeping the peace as they should be able to do without thinking about the possible repercussions against them. Fire hoses, dogs and mounted police are now considered anti-racist!!? That's the reason the good ones are retiring and hiring of new QUALIFIED applicants are far and few between. Only in America.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,067 ******
    edited April 2023

I think the whole cause of school shootings could be coming from the home training

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? @M. T. SECURITY

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭

Rather the lack of it... I bet if we went through the list they would mostly be from single parent house holds.

Remember Uvalde❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️✝️✝️

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Lack of parental guidance at home is one reason. Removing God from the equation of life. Confusing people as to believing the country owes them a living, or telling someone in school it maybe your not the sex you think they are.

Now as for stopping this killing in schools, this would be my suggestion. The National Guard locally usually operates at company strength, which is around 200 individuals, 4 platoons average 50 men. Batteries operate at about the same strength other than they are broken up into 6 sections.

One person pulls school duty we’ll call it, for one week, armed. This would require each individual to only have to pull duty for one week once a year on average. Problem solved, getter done.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I unfortunately, do not think they are going to stop. The changes that really need to be implemented will never happen, here in the USA. (They are not PC.)

The Israeli's mandate that those of a certain age, enter compulsive Military Service. (That should happen here as well, IMHO.) Once trained, those individuals carry weapons. (Yes, even in schools.) You don't see many mass shootings in Israel, or in their schools. 🤔

You also don't see many Airplane issues with them, either. They "Profile." (Egad's) That works. It's not PC, (but) It works. Your not looking for an 80 year old grandma or a 10 year old kid. Subjecting them to increased scrutiny, hand search etc, is just STUPID. Let's look at those responsible for Hijackings. Yes, that involves "profiling." (As it should.) Those "profiled," get a one on one interview, looking for specific Physical clues. (Not by some TSB Automaton either.)

We could learn quite a bit on how to protect our Citizens, from the Israeli's.

*I am also of the, "Get a Rope," mindset. Caught in the Act? Let's find the nearest Tree. You gave up ALL your "Right's," when targeting Children.

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, We could lean a lot from watching Israel.

Brandon, our puppet leader don't like Israel mainly because the ones operating his puppet strings do not like Israel.

Israel hurts anyone promptly that tries to hurt them.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Yep. Israel does not screw around with those who would mess with them. Screw with them, they are going to absolutely Hammer you. (As it should be.)

I like how some of those, that lost land after they initiated a War with Israel, are now crying about "That's Our Land." Yeah, it was. Now it's not. You screwed with us, we beat your ***, now it's Our land. Cry me a River.

Unfortunately, I believe Israel will start Armageddon, when they strike Iran, before they can aquire a Nuclear Weapon. It need's to be done, (and will) but it will kick off the (Biblically predicted) End of Times.

We are close to that happening. It has been written, and will come to pass. Sooner, rather than later.

We are close. Those that have studied/believe, know what I am talking about.

• Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭✭

When they are playing ice hockey in Hades, this insanity will stop.