In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gonna pay for it tomorrow.........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭

weather was great today almost 80 ! so this morning I washed and waxed the truck, even did the window as the dogs nose had blurred about all of them half way up. Then mowed the yard and was still feeling pretty good so went ahead and weed eated. We had had a hard rainstorm about a week ago and some of the potholes the neighbors filled in with rock washed out so me and the granddaughter hooked up my small trailer and scooped up the "sandbars" that washed down the road, and hauled them back up and filled the potholes in. Sat on the porch with the dog when we were done to catch my breath and drink a beer.

After a few tylenols I wasn't feeling to bad so decided to plant a few tomatoes the neighbor gave us, 5 cherry tomatoes, this after I went to Lowes and bought 8 more. I have a small raised bed up next to the woods about 8x12 and last year we gave up on it between the deer and the groundhogs the ate anything that bloomed. well it had a very nice crop of grass growing in it so I went and decided to dig the sod off and put it in a few bare spots I can't get the grass to grow in.

got about 6 wheelborows full of sod by just shoveling off the top grass and about 2-3 inches of dirt. got it all placed around the yard after a few breaks and few more beers on the porch with the dog. finally got around to planting the tomatoes in some big flower pots the wife brought home these are about 30" inches around and about 30 inches tall. between the pots and the raised bed got them all planted. came inside and sat down for about 20 minutes and can hardly stand and walk now. Poor dog isn't much better he is about ready to pass out.

I got a nice cold glass of crown royal on ice and if I can get it down without going to sleep myself I will be doing great. will be glad to get this hip replaced, got the approval from the cardiologist last friday, so it is on for the 23, any thing I do that I have to bend over just wears me out can't do more thand 20 minutes or so and have to sit down to rest. sorry for the long rant, just trying to keep awake for another couple hours, then few more tylenol and head to bed......

Comments