In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm SO OVER people having the "wrong FFL" attacthed to their account and changing things

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭

It happens at least once a week. Somebody says "you shipped it to the wrong place."

We process things as fast as possible here.....so, in order to get the ball rolling on things we will print off every invoice and FFL that are ready on Monday. The invoices are put in a folder....the FFLs are printed off and marked with what item number they are for. As we get payments we pull the invoice, check to see if the FFL is here for that item and make a shipping label.

The invoices for each week are kept in a seperate folder.....as time passes if there is an item not paid, we can catch it because we see the physical order in a folder that has not been pulled. It makes things really easy to follow and things aren't lost in the system because its right in front of us at all times.

Having the PAPER COPIES of everything is better for us because nothing is forgotten or left in the system without getting processed or looked over. This means we print off everything when the auctions end.

HOW does someone have an FFL attached to their account without going in and changing it the very moment you intend to switch dealers. If you move from Florida to Alaska....and you bid on a gun with the Florida FFL still on your account.....that is just asking for trouble.

When you "go in and change it".....we don't get a message. There is no email or notification sent to us. There are so many GB emails that come through all of the time I'm not sure that we could catch a message if it were to be sent over to us. Between the credit card notices, the FFL notices, the item sold notices, all the customers messages, then the seperate emails from the gateway processor....when the auctions end we have several hundred messages all at one time.

So.....I've put something on the listings stating that the FFL that is on the account at the time it ends is where this auction is shipping. A C&R is a bit different....we know to look for a C&R to come through for those items, even if there is an FFL sent.

I just wish the customers had to "confirm" the FFL at the time they buy an item and it wasn't automatically sent over. There are too many morons out there to have the luxury of convenience these days.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

If some of the people actually thought things through, ok, bid on gun, get FFL, pay for it and did it correctly, our job would be easier. Nah, ain't gonna happen..................

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,703 ******

Back in the old days, I sent a note with my money order, a ffl's license copy. Money Order information filled out. Auction number as well as the description of the gun as stated on the auction. Also, put the auction number on the outside of the envelope.

Then I waited for my ffl to call.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭

You are my FFL, I think I am covered.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭

I got a message today from someone that moved to Alaska.....his account info and the FFL that was sent to us was NOT in Alaska. So, it was shipped to the dealer. He is adamant that this is "our" fault because he supposedly messaged us that he had moved. If you moved.....WHY isn't fixing your account number one on the "to do" list and how did I get all the wrong information sent to me?

Its like telling your waitress what you want to eat.....waiting until she leaves and then sending a text over to the hostess telling her you want to change your order. When your plate comes its all screwed up and somehow its not the customer's fault. I don't think so.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    tommyjoetommyjoe Member Posts: 18

People in general are dumber than they used to be. Too many phones and texting going on.

Just my opinion, I see it every day. Family members included.

Tom

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭

We get a Firearm sent to us some times. there are two company's with the same name.

Guess folks can't figure out where thie firearm is going to. We've even had distributors do it.

We are Hoosier Gun Works in Southern Ky, (we moved 20 years ago and tough to change a name)after having it for over 35 years. The Other guy started up 5 years ago in northern Indiana with the same Name (with a LLC ) .

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,703 ✭✭✭✭

It's too bad you sellers can't tack on a 'stupidity surcharge'. Some folks don't learn well unless it hits them in the pocketbook. Then again, some folks just don't learn well!

• Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭

I understand exactly where you are coming from. It is so easy in the modern day digital world we live in to forget to update your information. People have become complacent and when something goes wrong it is someone else to blame. Example: Dealers & individuals selling on GB, many of which have several pages of items neglect to update their pages when items are no longer in stock, or they don't have it to begin with. Twice in the last few months I have used buy now feature, used check out, paid for item and then receive a notice days later, item has been sold. Then I have to wait till they get around to refunding my payment. Under these circumstances, I think they should still have to pay GB fees.

In the case of not updating your receiving FFL, it specifically ask at check out to select the FFL to ship to. Beats me.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,038 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,411 ***** Forums Admin
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******

...it's just a hobby, it's just a hobby,,,,,