In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Input please....shotgun experts Stoeger "Belgium Guild" gun...20 ga side by side????

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭

This one is a local owner, brought to me with no info other than a tag from a previous seller.

According to Fieldsport....a very shotgun oriented dealer in Traverse City, MI....this is a Stoeger Belian boxlock guild gun.

I've tried to find more info on this, but didn't really see much that gave me more than general info about guild guns. I don't see where Stoeger was affiliated with Belgium guns when you look into their history. I could be missing things. It has been a hectic month and I've been running like a runaway mine car most days.

If you guys see something I should have noticed I'd appreciate any additional info you have on this one.

Its a pretty one!

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

It sure is a pretty thing. I hope to learn more from the folks here about what it is and other details.

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭

The numbers on the water-table (23959) and the barrel rib (6?6?3 - light strike) don't match, you will have to draw your own conclusion as to why. The left barrel was originally 15.9mm - which is .6259 inches = cylinder choke. (Could not see the original choke mark on the right.) But the barrels now have screw in chokes. The oval 20-70 is 20 gauge - 2-3/4 chambers. The crown over E/LG is the definitive black powder proof mark and the lion over PV is the nitro proof mark.

Best Regards - AQH

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭

It has ejectors. That adds some value. The barrels were shortened when the screw-in chokes were installed; that is OK, too.

The thing about guild guns is they run the gamut from basic boxlock extractor utility pieces to works of art. A friend has a 7-pin sidelock ejector with a highly figured stock, articulated front trigger, bushed firing pins, sideclips, tight small scroll engraving with oak leaf and acorns chiseled into the breech fences/balls, in short, all the bells and whistles.

This looks like a nice item!